Ryzen 5 3600X - Gigabyte X570 Gaming X - Upgrade From Big Sur to Monterey Help Please

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
HELP! LOL!. I am trying to upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey Latest Installer but when I try to boot into usb or upgrade, it hangs and goes no further. I am having trouble understanding updating my AMD patches for Monterey. If someone could please point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Everything is working fine in Big Sur. Below are my specs;

Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: RX 570 8GB
RAM: 32GB OLOy DDR4 3600
NVME: 500GB WD SN850 & Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB (For Windows 11)

Opencore: 7.6

EDIT: Thanks to longcoming & Shaneee I am up and running Monterey 12.01! Big ups to you two! Below is my updated EFI (Minus Serial, UUID, Ect.).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you swap the MTRR (PAT) patches around so you are using mine? If so switch back to algrey's and it'll fix that.
I didn't swap any out, I think it was after longcoming updated the CPU PATCH for me possibly. Not too sure... BUT, I did update my bios and I was able to boot right into my Monterey Installer usb immediately
I did not swap anything out, I think the sound started acting up after the updated CPU patches, not too sure.... But I upgraded my bios to latest version and was immediately able to boot into the Monterey USB installer so here is where we are currently... If this works, I will update the EFI, and if the sound issue persists, I would greatly appreciate a look at the patch you are speaking of.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you swap the MTRR (PAT) patches around so you are using mine? If so switch back to algrey's and it'll fix that.
I got it updated to Monterey but the cracking/popping on the Display port is still there, I saw that there, attached is latest EFI, could you please check to see which patch is there? Thanks for all the help by the way. I could not of done it without ya.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 7

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 11

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.