Ryzen 5 3600 - System Check / SSD decision

Roberto

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

New to the forum. Need to build a Hackintosh so that I can check website builds on Safari so performance isn't critical right now but it would be nice if I could run Logic Pro X at some point in the future - I believe this requires Mojave or later?

Looking to get an idea if this will work:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime B450m-a
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
NVidia GT710
SSD - Will buy one for the OSX install - the mobos only M.2 slot is taken up with my Windows drive (1TB Intel SSD 660p). Was thinking of buying a cheap 2.5" for the new install and selecting it via the BIOS when I want to boot into OSX. Can get a WD Blue 500GB (WDS500G2B0A) for £54 this week - any good?

I have a Steinberg UR22mkII for USB audio - will this just plug and play with OSX?

Last edited:

Roberto

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

New to the forum. Need to build a Hackintosh so that I can check website builds on Safari so performance isn't critical right now but it would be nice if I could run Logic Pro X at some point in the future - I believe this requires Mojave or later?

Looking to get an idea if this will work:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime B450m-a
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
NVidia GT710
SSD - Will buy one for the OSX install - the mobos only M.2 slot is taken up with my Windows drive (1TB Intel SSD 660p). Was thinking of buying a cheap 2.5" for the new install and selecting it via the BIOS when I want to boot into OSX. Can get a WD Blue 500GB (WDS500G2B0A) for £54 this week - any good?

I have a Steinberg UR22mkII for USB audio - will this just plug and play with OSX?
Bump - any thoughts if this system looks OK? The UR22 audio is not essential, just an afterthought...

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Bump - any thoughts if this system looks OK? The UR22 audio is not essential, just an afterthought...
Those components should work for MacOS.

For the UR22, if it will work on a real Mac, it should theoretically work for a hackintosh. If it initially doesn't work, then it might work if you you map your USB ports. USB port mapping solves a lot of USB problems that people run into.

I would recommend you remove your Windows SSD when you install MacOS, to avoid the Hackintosh installation process screwing up your Windows installation. After MacOS is up and running, reinstall your Windows SSD.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.