• GPU: Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
  • PSU: Corsair TX650M
  • Monitor: Asus PA278QV
  • Wireless: Fenvi FV 102 w/ DW1560
Things that work
  • iMessage
  • Airdrop, handoff
  • Sleep (except for the keyboard issue which I've explained below)
  • Anything that I've forgot to add? Please tell :D

Issues that I have
  • Keyboard and Mouse not detected after waking from sleep (happens occasionally). FYI it is connected to the USB HUB of the monitor
    • Put the system into sleep - wake up after a few minutes - suddenly keyboard and mouse isn't detected but both of them light up
    • A dialog box to connect peripherals via bluetooth shows up
    • Reboot the monitor - keyboard and mouse is detected and functions properly - bluetooth dialog is seen no more.
    • Haven't tried with the motherboard USB's though :D Plugging directly to the motherboard solved the issue.
  • Bluetooth audio issue - Oppo Enco M31
    • Connect the headphones as usual - play some songs - works flawlessly - Disconnect the headphones by attaching the earbuds together
    • Reconnect the headphones by detaching the earbuds - automatically connects to macOS - Now whatever audio I play, has a lot of lost packets
    • Open the bluetooth panel from the top bar - click on my headphone, it will disconnect - click on it again, it will connect - now the issue is gone
    • Only happens with this earphone - tried with OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z - no issues
  • Android Emulator doesn't work. I've tried GenyMotion free but it's so laggy that I've uninstalled it and resorted to use SCRCPY while my phone is connected
Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 7.00.00 PM.png
Updates
  • 25/07/2021: Updated to OC 0.7.1 - EFI uploaded
  • 02/10/2021: Updated to OC 0.7.3 - EFI uploaded - Added new Kernel Patches - Reworked the EFI from scratch - Running on macOS Big Sur 11.6
  • 23/10/2021: Updated to OC 0.7.4
  • 01/11/2021: EFI updated to make it compatible with Monterey
  • 02/11/2021: Updated to OC 0.7.5

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
Updated to 0C 0.7.0 without any issues. Had to fix the boot picker GUI by going through the Post-Install guide, though.

Jamis

AMD OS X Member
Specifications
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: 2 x 16GB DDR4 3200 G-Skill Ripjaws V
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • SSD:
    • Kingston A2000 1TB - Windows 10
    • AData SU650 240GB - macOS Big Sur 11.4
  • GPU: Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
  • PSU: Corsair TX650M
  • Monitor: Dell P2419H
  • Wireless: Fenvi FV 102 w/ DW1560
Things that work
  • iMessage
  • Airdrop, handoff
  • Sleep (except for the keyboard issue which I've explained below)
  • Anything that I've forgot to add? Please tell :D

Issues that I have
  • Keyboard and Mouse not detected after waking from sleep (happens occasionally). FYI it is connected to the USB HUB of the monitor
    • Put the system into sleep - wake up after a few minutes - suddenly keyboard and mouse isn't detected but both of them light up
    • A dialog box to connect peripherals via bluetooth shows up
    • Reboot the monitor - keyboard and mouse is detected and functions properly - bluetooth dialog is seen no more.
    • Haven't tried with the motherboard USB's though :D Plugging directly to the motherboard solved the issue.
  • Bluetooth audio issue - Oppo Enco M31
    • Connect the headphones as usual - play some songs - works flawlessly - Disconnect the headphones by attaching the earbuds together
    • Reconnect the headphones by detaching the earbuds - automatically connects to macOS - Now whatever audio I play, has a lot of lost packets
    • Open the bluetooth panel from the top bar - click on my headphone, it will disconnect - click on it again, it will connect - now the issue is gone
    • Only happens with this earphone - tried with OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z - no issues
  • Android Emulator doesn't work. I've tried GenyMotion free but it's so laggy that I've uninstalled it and resorted to use SCRCPY while my phone is connected
View attachment 3227
Hello, the configuration of my computer is similar to yours. Can you share the configuration file?

Rajesh Vora

AMD OS X Member
Updated to 0C 0.7.0 without any issues. Had to fix the boot picker GUI by going through the Post-Install guide, though.
if possible can you provide your EFI:)

grad1e

AMD OS X Member

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
Bought a used SSD and tried installing Ubuntu but accidentally messed up with the macOS partition. Tried reinstalling but realized that SecureBootModel values have changed since OC 0.7.2. So decided to start from scratch and it's all good now.

If I use Time Machine as a backup will it take a backup of everything in the drive or just the user's files?

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
Updated to OC 0.7.4. no frills

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
Started monterey update but was stuck at IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[1], (240s): 'BCM20702A0' for a long time. Eventually booted into Monterey.
Restarted the system but whenver I choose the macOS SSD it starts to boot and then the system immediatly reboots into the OpenCore picker

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
Fixed bootloop by changing ScanPolicy to 0
The earlier stuck was caused by Bluetooth. A quick read here, fixed that
But nevertheless, I did a clean install

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
IMG_1299.jpg

Faced Rooting from the live fs of a sealed volume is not allowed on a RELEASE build kernel panic.
Fixed it by setting Misc->Security->SecureBootModel to Disabled
@Shaneee is it prefferred to keep it in Disabled?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@grad1e I've been using Default since OpenCore fixed the SB issues. Once you've got Monterey installed you can see which works better.

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
@grad1e I've been using Default since OpenCore fixed the SB issues. Once you've got Monterey installed you can see which works better.
This happened on Monterey. There was no issues in Bug Sur

TriTon

AMD OS X Member
you know, if with msi mortar max b450, having the same processor, would your EFI work?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.