• MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
    3466mhz(OC)
  • Apacer panther 3200mhz 2X16Gb
  • GeForce GT710 2GB
How can I install macos?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Nvidia Graphics Card will run macOS up to and including Big Sur. It is not supported natively in Monterey. So I would look to install Catalina or Big Sur in the first instance.

Installing Catalina will allow you to use the USB port limit quirk (XhciPortLimit), which stopped working in Big Sur 11.3 or newer. With this quirk enabled you can create a custom USB Configuration for your system, which will work in both Big Sur and Monterey. This is essential if you are to have a system that sleeps correctly, as USB calls are a common issue that can cause the system to wake immediately after going to sleep.

There is also the fact that some MSI boards can't run Monterey due to a bios bug. There are a couple of posts in the Monterey forum regarding this issue.

The rest of the components you listed are standard AMD devices and work with macOS, using an OpenCore EFI set for a 6-core CPU and a B450 motherboard.

I have attached an OpenCore EFI folder set for your 6-core/B450/Nvidia system.
  • It is set to work with macOS Catalina APFS, or newer versions.
  • It uses the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS.
  • Kernel > Quirk > XhciPortLimit entry is Enabled, so you can configure the USB ports in macOS Catalina.
You obviously need to create a USB installer for macOS Catalina, see this part of the OpenCore guide for instructions on how to do this.

Follow the part of the guide you require, which will depend on whether you are using macOS, Windows or Linux to create the USB.

Here is a link to the USB port config guide, for post installation setup.

Follow the AMD path through the guide.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.