AMD OS X Member
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
RAM: 64GB Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz
Graphics: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming 8GB
NVME: Sabrent PCIe 4.0 1TB
Ethernet: Aquantia 10G and Gigabit both work
Wifi & Bluetooth: Stock Intel AX200 does not work. Wifi card replaced with this. The replacement card works OOB. Link to surgery photos.
Case: Fractal Define 7XL

Sleep is the only thing which does not work.

Geekbench 5 OC
Geekbench 5 stock

If you do decide to use my EFI, it's missing the PlatformInfo section and also the Resource folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

bloomdito

AMD OS X Member
Hello, Gratulations! Your Benchmark is fantastic, I have the same Prozessor and it is much slower specially in the Multicore Benchmark.
Is it because you overclockt it, or is it because of the Mainboard and the other very good components?
Is it possible to share your Efi?

All the best,
Bloom

Last edited:

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
Hello, Gratulations! Your Benchmark is fantastic, I have the same Prozessor and it is much slower specially in the Multicore Benchmark.
Is it because you overclockt it, or is it because of the Mainboard and the other very good components?
Is it possible to share your Efi?

Ali the best,
Bloom

See above. Just so you know, if you want to maximize your scores, you will need to boot without AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. Leaving them there usually decreases about 1000 points on the multithread...

My Geekbench score has one with overclock, and another without. The stock numbers are what they are... no overclock, just standard BIOS settings + XMP profile. The OC numbers was with 4.4Ghz @ 1.325v, with XMP profile. Frankly for everyday use I even turn off Core Performance Boost, since I don't like seeing my CPU to up/down repeatedly in temp. With Core Performance Boost disabled it'll sit at 32-33C idle, with it hitting 37-38C if I'm looking at a 16 camera feed in HD, and working on my other monitors (VPN, email, remote desktop, preview, Word, Excel).

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@marsb007 You could try disabling the Automatic Speed Adjustment and manually setting Speed Steps to max, that should help when running benchmarks.

bloomdito

AMD OS X Member
See above. Just so you know, if you want to maximize your scores, you will need to boot without AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. Leaving them there usually decreases about 1000 points on the multithread...

My Geekbench score has one with overclock, and another without. The stock numbers are what they are... no overclock, just standard BIOS settings + XMP profile. The OC numbers was with 4.4Ghz @ 1.325v, with XMP profile. Frankly for everyday use I even turn off Core Performance Boost, since I don't like seeing my CPU to up/down repeatedly in temp. With Core Performance Boost disabled it'll sit at 32-33C idle, with it hitting 37-38C if I'm looking at a 16 camera feed in HD, and working on my other monitors (VPN, email, remote desktop, preview, Word, Excel).

Thank you.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
RAM: 64GB Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz
Graphics: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming 8GB
NVME: Sabrent PCIe 4.0 1TB
Ethernet: Aquantia 10G and Gigabit both work
Wifi & Bluetooth: Stock Intel AX200 does not work. Wifi card replaced with this. The replacement card works OOB. Link to surgery photos.
Case: Fractal Define 7XL

Sleep is the only thing which does not work.

Geekbench 5 OC
Geekbench 5 stock

If you do decide to use my EFI, it's missing the PlatformInfo section and also the Resource folder.

Hi, thank you for this beautiful build
Do you use Premiere Pro /Adobe App without any trouble and with good performances ?

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thank you for this beautiful build
Do you use Premiere Pro /Adobe App without any trouble and with good performances ?

I do not use Premiere, nor do I really use any Photoshop so I cannot say. Sorry.

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
Removing the auto speed adjustment from AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement is still slower than not including the files there to begin with.
Also, WhateverGreen is NOT needed if only 1 monitor is used. I have 3, so without it, I just get 1 monitor (HDMI) which works. For 3 monitors (HDMI, DP, DP) I need WhateverGreen.

helba

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for posting your config. I've just created a similar setup with a radeon vii.

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for posting your config. I've just created a similar setup with a radeon vii.

Wow, your system is almost identical...

Did you change your Wifi card?

helba

AMD OS X Member
Not yet but I have a dw1830 lying around.

ckrueger99

AMD OS X Member
You mentioned, over on the old forum that, "My Xtreme board does support thunderbolt, and it does have a header. With that being said, I dont have thunderbolt devices, so I dont have anything plugged into it. I have no idea how well it works..." So, is your board a "Rev 1.1" (as the GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 1.0) Thunderbolt 3 AIC only supports that version)? I see no other mention of the Xtreme Rev. 1.1, neither on Gigabyte's website nor elsewhere, nor do I see TB3 support or header mentioned under the the Rev. 1.0 specifications or manual. Thanks for your help!

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
You mentioned, over on the old forum that, "My Xtreme board does support thunderbolt, and it does have a header. With that being said, I dont have thunderbolt devices, so I dont have anything plugged into it. I have no idea how well it works..." So, is your board a "Rev 1.1" (as the GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 1.0) Thunderbolt 3 AIC only supports that version)? I see no other mention of the Xtreme Rev. 1.1, neither on Gigabyte's website nor elsewhere, nor do I see TB3 support or header mentioned under the the Rev. 1.0 specifications or manual. Thanks for your help!

Here's the header. It's labeled THB_C. There's also a setting in the BIOS to enable Thunderbolt support.

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.