Ryzen 3500x |msi b450m mortar max|oc0.57|catalina 10.15.4

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
Ive got the same motherboard (mortar max) and CPU (3500x) like yours and also having an issue with wake up. If i set on bios to wake the system with usb, i need to press the keyboard twice, if i set it to OS, usb doesn’t wake up the system. I need to press the power button to wake up.

I didn’t add any kext or aml file, i just added an acpi patch. Without the acpi patch my system wont wake up instead will go black screen and the cpu fan and case fans keeps spinning. Ill try to look on this tomorrow and see if ill be able to solve this issue.

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
Can u share you SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml for usb mapping? I have the same mainboard.

Thank you
I think thats for USB Power. For mapping it’s either the amd-usb-map.kext or the ssdt-uiac.aml

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
So after fiddling around, here's what's happening.
If i have nothing plugged in any of the XHC0 Ports the computer sleeps fine.​
If i have any USB 3.0 device plugged in any of the XHC0 ports the computer also sleeps fine.​
If a have USB 2.0 device (keyboard, mouse, headphones) plugged in any of the XHC0 ports, the screen sleeps but it will not wake up. Hard reboot is required.​
Anyone can help us with that?

wodeyaocai1

AMD OS X Member
So after fiddling around, here's what's happening.
If i have nothing plugged in any of the XHC0 Ports the computer sleeps fine.​
If i have any USB 3.0 device plugged in any of the XHC0 ports the computer also sleeps fine.​
If a have USB 2.0 device (keyboard, mouse, headphones) plugged in any of the XHC0 ports, the screen sleeps but it will not wake up. Hard reboot is required.​
Anyone can help us with that?
you may try my amd-usb-map.kext. i have tested my build, it sleeps seamlessly with either usb2 or usb3 devices connected to XHC0.
it seems that ssdt-ec-usbx-amd.aml may cause random fan speed up during wakeup / boot /restart with amd-usb-map.kext activated. you may discard ssdt-ec-usbx-amd.aml.arc.jpegusb.jpeg

Attachments

• AMD-USB-Map.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 10

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
you may try my amd-usb-map.kext. i have tested my build, it sleeps seamlessly with either usb2 or usb3 devices connected to XHC0.
it seems that ssdt-ec-usbx-amd.aml may cause random fan speed up during wakeup / boot /restart with amd-usb-map.kext activated. you may discard ssdt-ec-usbx-amd.aml.View attachment 889View attachment 890
Hi @wodeyaocai1 ,

Thanks, will try later. Seems like I also need to edit this plist as I'm using MacPro7,1. Using iMacPro1,1 won't let me sign in to iMessage. Maybe you could also help me with that? I can only get iMessage working when using MacPro7,1 and iMac18,2 SMBIOS.

EDIT: Update- tried your USB-Map replacing iMacPro1,1 with MacPro7,1 but no luck. Still having the same issue, maybe because I'm using MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, but this is where I can get iMessage working. :(

Last edited:

wodeyaocai1

AMD OS X Member
i have no idea the reason of your imessage.
it works well on my build, i can send and receive messages to myself and my contacts via imessage.
i do nothing more than "fix imessage" via dortania guide.

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
i have no idea the reason of your imessage.
it works well on my build, i can send and receive messages to myself and my contacts via imessage.
i do nothing more than "fix imessage" via dortania guide.
Thanks for the response. With your USB Map are you able to get sleep/wakeup working when there is USB 2.0 device plugged on the port beside the ethernet port?

EDIT: I mean are you able to wake the system from 0RPM fans when there's a USB2.0 device plugged onto the XHC0 ports?

Last edited:

wodeyaocai1

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the response. With your USB Map are you able to get sleep/wakeup working when there is USB 2.0 device plugged on the port beside the ethernet port?

EDIT: I mean are you able to wake the system from 0RPM fans when there's a USB2.0 device plugged onto the XHC0 ports?

with usb2 devices attached to XHC0, sleep works well either by clicking "apple icon-->>sleep" or by "energy saver". during sleep, no fan runs.

IMG_3888.JPG

WechatIMG1.jpeg

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
T
with usb2 devices attached to XHC0, sleep works well either by clicking "apple icon-->>sleep" or by "energy saver". during sleep, no fan runs.

View attachment 894

View attachment 895
Tried your USB Map again and this time I used the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Still no luck. I guess I have to leave it as it is, since I still have USB ports in the front panel.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.