Ryzen 2700X | MSI B-450 Gaming Plus Max | Saphire RX 580 | Catalina 10.15.5 | OpenCore 0.5.9

Troof

AMD OS X Member
This is my first Hackintosh build and it worked pretty good.

System Build:
Motherboard: MSI B-450 Gaming Plus Max
CPU: Ryzen 2700X (Overclocked to 4.1 GHz)
GPU: Saphire Pulse RX-580
Memory: 32 GB G-Skill Aegis 3000 MHz CL-16
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB (Windows)
Kingston A 400 250 GB (MacOS)
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (Data)
Bluetooth: Asus USB-BT 400 (Worked out of the Box)
Case: Phanteks P400S (To control the RGB without a Software)
WIFI: TP-Link Archer T6E PCI-E Card
Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Working:
First of all sleep (can wake up with Mouse or Keyboard but first you must add darkwake=0 to your Boot-Arg, otherwise you have to tap a Key on the
Keyboard, Second the Keyboard AND Mouse must plugged in the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port I don't know why, but when you plug them in another port, the PC won't go to Sleep
).
All iServices, all USB-Ports (out of the Box), ethernet, Bluetooth (Pairing with AirPods), CPU-Power-Monitoring, Sound via HDMI and via Front Audio (set Layout to 1 ), Dual Boot (you have to disable Above-4G-Decoding otherwise -> Windows Blue Screen/Infinite Dot Circle, Add npci=0x2000 to your Boot-Arg), AppStore, Apple Music, Airplay.
Handoff kind of Working. When I open something on the iPhone the Icon shows up. Problem after closing the app, the symbol won't go away.

Not Working:
Microphone via front Audio-In, Line-In not Tested. It works via USB-Headset. Microphone from AirPod's works.

Installation:

MacOS Version: 10.15.4
- Update to: 10.15.6
Opencore Version: 0.5.8
- Update to: 0.6.0
SMBIOS: Mac Pro7,1

-BIOS Settings:
  • Disable: UEFI/CSM use UEFI
  • Disable: Above 4G Decoding
  • Enable: XHCI
  • Set: Wake up event BIOS
  • Enable: Resume by PCI-e
The System is very stable. So far there was no crash or so.
After testing, I pretted up the cosmetics a little, using the Discord Server, there is now no text to see at Booting. Big thanks to the People on the discord server.

-Kext's Using:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
  • AppleHDA.kext
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • Lilu
  • MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
-Drivers Using:
  • OpenRuntime.efi
  • VBoxHfs.efi

My config.plist is below. But please make you're own to provide you for and unknown mistakes.
My system drive was shown as External at the beginning but, I've patched it with this guide: internal_drives_shown_as_external_opencore_amd

About this Mac and AMD-Power Gadget (Changed the CPU-Name):
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-14 um 22.10.15.png

So to sum it up a nearly perfect Hackintosh. Im very proud and happy with the result. If you want me to test anything just ask for it, I will test it then for you.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-14 um 23.11.55.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-14 um 23.11.55.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 25
  • config.plist
    45 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

daredevll

AMD OS X Member
Great job, dude! Congratz on the sleep issue - I've been dealing with hackintoshes at home for 4 years now and never managed to make it work...

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Regarding the Sleep/Port thing, I guess it depends to which controller they are connected. The CPU integrated is known to cause some issues with sleep, at least on the 3000 series.

Troof

AMD OS X Member
Great job, dude! Congratz on the sleep issue - I've been dealing with hackintoshes at home for 4 years now and never managed to make it work...
Thank you very much. I am very happy with the result

Regarding the Sleep/Port thing, I guess it depends to which controller they are connected. The CPU integrated is known to cause some issues with sleep, at least on the 3000 series.
So you think, there is no chance to change that?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.