Rx5700xt - low fps in tests & games

Poteha666

AMD OS X Member
Hello! I have: rx 5700xt, r 3600, 16gb ddr4 3200.
In tests, hackintosh shows results 2 times less than on Windows. In the game Dota 2, I observe 50 fps. A Mac mini with an external 5700 works perfectly.
How to increase the productivity of the 5700 xt? What is the reason for such low work? Is it because of amd cpu? RadeonBoost.kext didn't change anything.
Help plz. Sorry for my English.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I understand that there is a bug in macOS with specifically this video card, which goes away if you plug in a second display or use a dummy plug (hdmi or displayport - they cost about 10 euros/dollars).

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem. my configuration is ryzen 5 2600x - rx 5700 xt sapphire nitro +. since the 10.15.5 update the performance fall 50%. I have searched all the forums and I cannot find how to solve it. I think it is because of the amd processor, because people who use intel do not have the same problem.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Nikotetfe Are you using RadeonBoost? Because 10.15.5 broke the SMU Firmware and it currently cannot be loaded anymore.

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
@Nikotetfe Are you using RadeonBoost? Because 10.15.5 broke the SMU Firmware and it currently cannot be loaded anymore.
when I used catalina 10.15.4, I used radeonboost and geekbench5 gave results of 75000 points in METAL. Now I use catalina 10.15.6 without radeonboost and geekbench5 does not exceed 45000 points.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Loading the SMU Firmware improved memory bandwith, this was the reason that Geekbench performed much better as it is very bandwith bound. That does not directly relate to actual game performance though.

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
so luxmark is just like geekbench ??? because the same thing happens to me.

In this video it looks like in big sur the graph gives good results with geekbench5 and I cannot have the same result

Last edited:

Poteha666

AMD OS X Member
so luxmark is just like geekbench ??? because the same thing happens to me.

In this video it looks like in big sur the graph gives good results with geekbench5 and I cannot have the same result

Intel cpu in the video

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
That's what I think. the problem is with the kernel or driver since 10.15.5. in big sur the same thing happens and it is not fixed. in the end it will be back to intel

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.