Running OS X recovery in my desktop compuer

Deleted member 12168

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,

I am trying to run the OS X 10.15 recovery image on my computer with a bulldozer architecture (FX83701E) following the tutorial given for OpenCore.

However, I have a strange issue that does not appear on the FAQ: The kernel verbose log freezes while a few seconds followed by a screen scramble and total computer lockout. Thus I have to reboot my computer.

During the screen scramble, I can the following log text:
Code:
[ 1817.625920]reboot: Restarting system

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • opencore-2021-07-31-182034.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
Solution
Does it freeze when booting the installer? Can you video it then upload? It would be something before the reboot message.

However based on your description of the scrambled text I'm thinking you're getting the "Still waiting for root device" error which is USB related. Try with the installer in a different port. If you've tried 3.0 try 2.0 and visa versa.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Does it freeze when booting the installer? Can you video it then upload? It would be something before the reboot message.

However based on your description of the scrambled text I'm thinking you're getting the "Still waiting for root device" error which is USB related. Try with the installer in a different port. If you've tried 3.0 try 2.0 and visa versa.

Solution

Deleted member 12168

AMD OS X Member
Hello, here is a video recording of the boot. The screen at the end of this video does not change anymore.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you swap the USB port? Also change your boot arg to agdpmod=ignore

Deleted member 12168

AMD OS X Member
Swapping the port or changing the boot argument to agdmod=ignore does not change anything. I have the same final screen

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Upon checking the Dortania GPU guide it seems there's an issue with MSI Navi cards.
Apple currently has a VBIOS bug which crashes installers if an MSI Navi card is present

Try adding the boot arg -radvesa

Deleted member 12168

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunaly, it does not work

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Found something that might help. What DP port are you using? Use the DP port furthest away from the HDMI port.

Deleted member 12168

AMD OS X Member
I used the second DP starting from the HDMI port and I changed the last one. However, no changes.

However, I have noticed that the screen turn off after a few minutes of inactivity and turn on (with the screen scramble) when I move my mouse.

Also, I have this warning in kernel initializing:
WhateverGreen igfx: @ found an unsupported processor 0x0,0x0, Please report this!
Did you think they are a link?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
No that's unrelated. The other option is to flash the GPU with another manufacturers VBIOS but I don't recommend that unless you truly know what you are doing.

Deleted member 12168

AMD OS X Member
It's okay. The purpose of the project which is installing OS X on a computer does not require these kinds of solutions (because I am looking for just program and test user interface for OS X users) and I will just check the compatibility between OpenCore+OS X and my laptop.

I thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.