Resolved - Questions about ASRock X570 Creator - No Audio

vade

AMD OS X Member
I followed iGPU's awesome and very helpful AMD_OC_Ryzen git repository when building my X570 Creator build.

I have

• 3950X
  • ASRock X570 Creator
  • Radeon VII
  • No blue tooth module or PCI card (yet).

I've imported the supplied bios settings and triple checked they are correct. Boot has no issues at all.

I see the Radeon, RadeonBoost works and I get 100k (!!) scores in Geekbench. I can see my 10Gbe network which functions great. However Audio does not work. It sees a device, but System Info reports no driver installed. No audio output in System Prefs is listed other than HDMI out to the Radeon.

I have AppleALC installed, have tried various layouts in the boot args - and all of them result in the same non functioning.

For folks successfully running the X570 creator with Apple ALC, which layout did you use?

Ive not seen anyone else with this issue reported. Im curious if iGPU had Voodoo installed, or if there is a setup I am missing, or some additional info unbeknownst to me about that setup.

Because I have no BlueTooth installed at all ive even tried disabling some SSDTs related to BT (since none apply). No change there.

Attached is a link to my EFI folder (new forum said the file was too large to upload), and some screenshots that may be helpful.

Has the ASRock board got revisions that might change the supplied SSDTs or PCI paths? I suspect not, and its likely my own error. I cant however seen to figure this out.

Any insight SUPER is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.45.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.45.11 AM.png
    747.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 1.23.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 1.23.00 AM.png
    833.7 KB · Views: 22

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I don't see any layout ID being injected in your config. I've attached a screenshot of my device properties for my audio as an example

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-02 02.24.36.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-02 02.24.36.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 24

vade

AMD OS X Member
I don't see any layout ID being injected in your config. I've attached a screenshot of my device properties for my audio as an example

Ahh thank ill try that setup asap. Much obliged!!

vade

AMD OS X Member
Ahh thank ill try that setup asap. Much obliged!!

Interesting - no obvious change - Ive tried a few layout ID. Does having an incorrect layout ID cause the System Information app to show the 'Driver Installed' as "No"?

My gut tells me thats the biggest issue with audio im having. I have AppleALC v 1.4.8 installed in Kexts, and have it added in Kernal/Add.

vade

AMD OS X Member
Ok. So I tried every layout id supported by the ALC11220 Audio Codec on the board. No changes.

I used IORegistryExplorer to check the HDEF and see what it sees as the Layout ID is reported as 07000000.

Im at a loss!

Dumb ****™ ive checked
  • Lilu is loaded first
  • AppleALC is loaded before Apple HDA as per kextstat

Any clues?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 12.32.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 12.32.10 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

vade

AMD OS X Member
Jeez. Somehow AppleALC got corrupted. On a whim I downloaded and re-installed it. Works. I have back panel audio now. Nothing up front however but audio is working as of 30s ago! Woot.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Nice work! How does Thunderbolt work for you? Do TB3 devices mount in any way or form?

vade

AMD OS X Member
Nice work! How does Thunderbolt work for you? Do TB3 devices mount in any way or form?

I actually just posted a new follow up thread to the old RyzenShine thread from the archived forum. My TB3 is not working sadly even using iGPU's GitHub repo.

Follow along here:

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
I actually just posted a new follow up thread to the old RyzenShine thread from the archived forum. My TB3 is not working sadly even using iGPU's GitHub repo.

Follow along here:
I also can't get iGPU's repo to give me thunderbolt on my X570 Creator. Weirdly I tired aluveitie's RyzenMacPro EFI and TB3 worked no problem! It also fixed shutdown so it would shutdown entirely.

What it messed up though was USB. Pretty much only the front panel ports worked. I'm not sure how to marry the two repo's but I think if we could get one solid EFI build from the two of them, that would make this a super solid machine. See my post about my struggles here.

vade

AMD OS X Member
I also can't get iGPU's repo to give me thunderbolt on my X570 Creator. Weirdly I tired aluveitie's RyzenMacPro EFI and TB3 worked no problem! It also fixed shutdown so it would shutdown entirely.

What it messed up though was USB. Pretty much only the front panel ports worked. I'm not sure how to marry the two repo's but I think if we could get one solid EFI build from the two of them, that would make this a super solid machine. See my post about my struggles here.

Whoa - thats crazy awesome. Interesting you also had issues with iGPU's EFI.

What does 'TB3' worked no problem mean exactly?. Do your devices require being plugged in on a cold boot, or are they hot swap? All devices work? I know there were lots of caveats with the X570 Creator so pardon my skepticism!

What is your build / hardware?

Thanks for sharing that - super curious!

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@winterwolf I've posted an answer regarding your USB issues in your other thread.

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
Whoa - thats crazy awesome. Interesting you also had issues with iGPU's EFI.

What does 'TB3' worked no problem mean exactly?. Do your devices require being plugged in on a cold boot, or are they hot swap? All devices work? I know there were lots of caveats with the X570 Creator so pardon my skepticism!

What I've actually figured out is that it was all of iGPU's Thunderbolt amls that were causing the Thunderbolt to not work. I simply disabled them, boom, working Thunderbolt.
Specifically it was
SSDT-X570-Cr-TB3-basic.aml - already disabled
SSDT-X570-Cr-TB3-BuiltIn.aml
SSDT-X570-TB-PWR-Builtin.aml
SSDT-X570-5-AmdTable.aml
SSDT-X570-6-AmdTable.aml

Hot swap isn't working, but I just need it to connect to my raid and intensity pro. Also, it looks like in order for the devices to show up I have to start from a cold boot. A restart won't make it work.

I might go back and reenable each SSDT one at a time to see what they do, if anything besides breaking TB.

What is your build / hardware?
See my signature

vade

AMD OS X Member
What I've actually figured out is that it was all of iGPU's Thunderbolt amls that were causing the Thunderbolt to not work. I simply disabled them, boom, working Thunderbolt.
Specifically it was
SSDT-X570-Cr-TB3-basic.aml - already disabled
SSDT-X570-Cr-TB3-BuiltIn.aml
SSDT-X570-TB-PWR-Builtin.aml
SSDT-X570-5-AmdTable.aml
SSDT-X570-6-AmdTable.aml

Hot swap isn't working, but I just need it to connect to my raid and intensity pro. Also, it looks like in order for the devices to show up I have to start from a cold boot. A restart won't make it work.

I might go back and reenable each SSDT one at a time to see what they do, if anything besides breaking TB.

See my signature
SUPER interesting. I guess thats what im doing tonight haha.

Thank you for the info! Amazing - your eGPU is working too? Right now thats the only real TB3 hardware I can check other than my TB3 / TB2 adaptor from Apple.

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
your eGPU is working too?
No, sorry, the Mantiz Venus eGPU is not working. Not even the USB parts of it. i.e. the USB ports, the SATA drive, the ethernet controller. All these things work completely and hot swap on my MacBook Pro, but not on the Hack even with a cold start.

I've yet to test my LG 5K monitor because it's like 8 feet away and I hate disconnecting stuff. But maybe I'll test tomorrow to see if both the monitor and built in USB hub works on it. Probably, actually abandoning this MB because I can't get High Sierra to install. Which I need for CUDA.

vade

AMD OS X Member
Interesting. I removed those files and also have working TB3. Thank you.

However, I only have TB3 Port 1 working, TB3 Port 2 does not work.

I was able to:

• connect my UltraStudio Mini Recorder via TB2 <-> TB3 adaptor
  • update its firmware
  • get video input

However, changing the device properties (from SDI input to HDMI required restarting the device) - seems sketchy.

I WAS ABLE TO GET MY eGPU WORKING! It doesnt show up in the menu item, but it shows up In activity monitor, iStats and DaVinci Resolve, Geekbench, etc.
It also shows RadeonBooster driver is working for it. Interesting. I suggest checking System Prefs - Graphics and Displays and see if it shows up.

Im able to run benchmarks on it via Geekbench and get a 48275 score for the 580 in there.

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
I WAS ABLE TO GET MY eGPU WORKING! It doesnt show up in the menu item, but it shows up In activity monitor, iStats and DaVinci Resolve, Geekbench, etc.
It also shows RadeonBooster driver is working for it. Interesting. I suggest checking System Prefs - Graphics and Displays and see if it shows up.

Im able to run benchmarks on it via Geekbench and get a 48275 score for the 580 in there.
Very interesting. I'l need to retest. I think I might have had two issues. First I plugged it into the 2nd TB3 port and I think we are both pretty sure that it doesn't work. And then when I tested on the other TB_1 port, I was already convinced it wasn't running since it didn't run on the TB_2 port so I was not very thorough with looking for it. I shall connect and try again.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.