Recommended in-built bluetooth card for Monterey

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I know there is many bluetooth dongles that are just fine, but i want to have in-built bluetooth PCI/PCI-E card that is natively supported by Monterey 12.1+ onwards.

I have found BCM94360CD cards with PCI adapter and also FENVI T919 which has the same chip inside i believe.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 19.24.40.png

Do you know if these cards are natively supported by Monterey? I want to avoid any kexts if possible.

Or is there newer solution for our Hackintoshes? As far as i know the BCM94360CD is quite old.

Thank you in advance.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I use a BCM94360CS2 with an adapter. Both WiFi and BT work OOB as they are used in real Macs. There are some people who have issues with the T919. Best to get the actual card. The one I got is a genuine Apple part.

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
I use a BCM94360CS2 with an adapter. Both WiFi and BT work OOB as they are used in real Macs. There are some people who have issues with the T919. Best to get the actual card. The one I got is a genuine Apple part.

Hello Shane,

Thank you. I will get the same card then.

I wonder if you are affected by the monterey bluetooth bug. Some people (including me) has issues with bluetooth after sleep.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can't be too sure about that as sleep isn't working for me and I have no need for it so never fixed it. Apart from that WiFi + BT works great. Airplay/AirDrop and Apple Watch Unlock all working.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Hello Shane,

Thank you. I will get the same card then.

I wonder if you are affected by the monterey bluetooth bug. Some people (including me) has issues with bluetooth after sleep.

I dunno, right now on Amazon it's 12% off from $60. I say take the plunge and try it. It does say it's macOS compatible (like in every picture) so go for it. If it doesn't work you can send it back.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.