RadeonSensor - Monitor GPU Temperature with VirtualSMC

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
The only missing thing would be the "launch at start" option.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You can easily do that manually for the time being, System Preferences / User and the add it to Login Items.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Release 0.3.0 adds the SMCRadeonGPU kext to export GPU temperature to VirtualSMC for monitoring tools like iStats or Sensei to read.
Note that SMCRadeonGPU depends on VirtualSMC and RadeonSensor kexts and must be loaded after them.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Are there any benefits to use this on RX 570..? It already shows those details out of the box thus I guess this is useful for 5000/6000 cards?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Apple stopped reporting the temperature with Vega 20, so it is mainly useful for Radeon VII and newer cards.
Unless you want the GPU temperature in the status bar similarly to the CPU temperature:
1636027543284.png

Attachments

• status_bar.png
    status_bar.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 3

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.11.36.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.11.36.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ghost82

AMD OS X Member
The RadeonSensor.kext provides the GPU temperature which the RadeonGadget displays in the status bar.

I just registered to say thank you very much!!
I'm not using amd cpus, but running mac os within qemu with intel cpus and 6900 xt sapphire nitro+ se passed through.
I was searching a lot before landing here and in less then 2 minutes I now have the temperature of the gpu displaying correctly.
Ver: 0.3.1, using both SMCRadeonGPU and RadeonSensor kexts.
Sensei is now displaying gpu temperature, as well as the widget included in the package.

Again thank you very much!

Darkpulse

AMD OS X Member

Hi Aluveitie,​

First thanks for your nice tool. I'm currently building my first Ryzentosh based on the great AudioGod's guide and I've some difficulties with your RadeonTool.
I've alreadyinstalled the latest kext ( 0.3.1 ) on my EFI ( and check the order of load in OpenCoreConfigurator ), the tool appears in the menu bar, but only temperature is seeing, and when I clic into the tool only a small menu with just "Exit" appears. It seems I don't have the complete window

Do you have an idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Darkpulse That is all the RadeonGadget is designed to do currently. That part is independent of VirtualSMC and can also work in a VM for example.

If you want a complete stats overview, SMCRadeonGPU exports the GPU temp to VirtualSMC. Tools like iStats or Sensei can then read it and display with other stats.

Darkpulse

AMD OS X Member
Sorry for the misunderstanding ! My bad, so it's working well :geek:
Thanks again for your work ( and your fast reply )

luchina

AMD OS X Member
@Darkpulse That is all the RadeonGadget is designed to do currently. That part is independent of VirtualSMC and can also work in a VM for example.

If you want a complete stats overview, SMCRadeonGPU exports the GPU temp to VirtualSMC. Tools like iStats or Sensei can then read it and display with other stats.
Hi! :)

I have a Sapphire Nitro OC+ 6900XT, I put both kexts and SMC after VirtualSMC, but apps with iStats, stats, Eul, none show the temperature (they read from VirtualSMC, right?), but your RadeonGadget app works normally showing the temperature.

I'm using Opencore 0.7.8 and all kexts updated.

Regards,
Gabriel

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@luchina Make sure the SMCRadeonGPU.kext is loaded after both the RadeonSensor.kext and VirtualSMC.kext

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Which SMBIOS are you using? Which SMC keys are available depends on the SMBIOS.

luchina

AMD OS X Member
Which SMBIOS are you using? Which SMC keys are available depends on the SMBIOS.

iMacPro1,1...

Intel Alder Lake, but i tested in other Setup, too with iMacPro1,1 but with AMD Ryzen, both have same problem :(

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
iStats is a bit picky and iMacPro1,1 only uses one of 4 keys I publish the value to. You might have better luck with MacPro7,1

luchina

AMD OS X Member
iStats is a bit picky and iMacPro1,1 only uses one of 4 keys I publish the value to. You might have better luck with MacPro7,1
Perfect, I will test with a new SMBIOS (MacPro7,1) and give you feedback! Thanks.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.