R9 5900X on Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme with RX 6900XT - Sonoma 14.0 - OC 0.9.5 EFI

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Build Spec
  • CPU: Ryzen R9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Xtreme - BIOS F37e
  • RAM: G-Skill Trident Z Neo 4x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz C16 (XMP)
  • Graphics: AsRock RX 6900 XT (Reference Board)
  • Case : NZXT 710i
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000i
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM94360NG M.2 WiFi - 802.11ac / BT4.0
  • Ethernet 1: Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet
  • Ethernet 2: Aquantia 10 Gigabit Ethernet
  • Sound: Onboard - ALC1220VB
  • Cooling : Corsair H150i
  • Installed Operating Systems: Sonoma 14.0 - Windows 11 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.9.5

ACPI SSDT's - SSDTs generated via SSDTTime (Big Thank you to AUDIOGOD for assistance)
  • SSDT-EC
  • SSDT-HPET
  • SSDT-USB-Reset
  • SSDT-USBX
  • Please also see ACPI related patches that's to be worked along with SSDTs in config.plist
Kexts (Big Thank you to AUDIOGOD for assistance)
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • USBMap (Now mapped for motherboard)
  • AirportItlwm (Disabled but left in there in case you want to use it - Be careful as this kext may be outdated)
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware (Disabled but left in there in case you want to use it - Be careful as this kext may be outdated)
  • IntelBTPatcher (Disabled but left in there in case you want to use it - Be careful as this kext may be outdated)
  • BlueToolFixup (Disabled but left in there in case you want to use it - Be careful as this kext may be outdated)
  • RestrictEvents
  • AppleIGB
  • NVMeFix
  • RadeonSensor
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • Broadcom kext injection included (Use latest available OCLP root patcher to make Wifi work on Sonoma)

What Works
Sound (Headphone Port on the back of the PC. Currently using Optic Output and eqMac for Audio. My Creative AE-5 uses front audio hub for Windows.)
Ethernet Port (Both Intel GBE and Aquantia AQC107!)
WiFi / Bluetooth (BCM94360NG M.2 WiFi 802.11ac + BT4.0)
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)
AirDrop (BCM94360NG)
iCloud
Hardware Acceleration
iMessages
Facetime
Sleep & Wake (When shut down, plugging and unplugging USB wakes the PC. Still trying to figure it out why)
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
Power Nap
Handoff (BCM94360NG)
Continuity (BCM94360NG)
Apple Watch Unlock (This actually works)
HDCP Content (Apple tv+)

What Doesn't Work
SideCar

Bios Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Enable ReSize BAR Support -> Enabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
  • Settings -> Wake on LAN -> Disabled
Started from AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus thread--
Aorus Xtreme - ALC1220VB Device Address: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4), layout-id=1, PCI address: 1022-1487. Headphone switching sometimes doesn't work.
For me I had Sound Blaster AE-5 installed for Windows, so had to locate it and do external-audio=1 and alctcsel=1.
Created USBMap.kext using USBMap tool thanks to corpnewt - This is still being looked at since plugging and unplugging USB while shutdown causes PC to wake.

I'm now posting the plist.config here. Use at your own risk. Search on AudioGod's Gigabyte X570 Aorus forum for more detailed configuration information on CPU counts. Also refer above on my workarounds for Creative AE-5 Sound Card.

Attachments

• Mont-OC-086-AorusXtremeX570.zip
    29.1 MB · Views: 29
  • Vent-OC-087-AorusXtremeX570-20221206.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Sonoma-OC-095-AorusXtremeX570-20230930.zip
    34 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:

J05u

AMD OS X Member
Hello, can you upload your files?)
I have custom loop with almost the same hardware, curious if i can run ryzentosh on it (5800x with 6800xt from Sapphire)

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
The files are only so slightly modified from AudioGod’s X570 build so you can start from there. And then modify the boot arg as per my post.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Bumping up to notify that Monterey is now running under OC 0.7.4 with some issues like Bluetooth and IntelSmallTree.
SmallTree no big deal-- just activated Aquantia 10GbE instead. But Bluetooth is a bit annoying. Also anyone have idea on improving Airport speed? For 802.11AX performance is terrible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 6.40.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 6.40.40 PM.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 52

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
BrcmPatchRAM version 2.6.1 is now available for download - Obtained BlueToolFixup.kext from there and the bluetooth now works well!

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Did a small update to add FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml to fix shutdown issue (sudden wake after shutdown, but it really didn't shutdown due to S5 callout issue. Noticed that my MB LEDs were still on even tho it was "powered down". Used USB Controller Path _SB.PCI0.GP13.XHC0 for compiling.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
BrcmPatchRAM version 2.6.1 is now available for download - Obtained BlueToolFixup.kext from there and the bluetooth now works well!
Wow, thanks for posting DarkSilentSC, I got the same hardware now that I recently picked up a Sapphire 6900xt.
I previously had a GTX 1080 and got stuck trying to install big Sur on boot after initial install thinking it was failing due to the GTX 1080 drivers missing only to get the 6900xt and have the same crash after install and first boot with Monterey. I knew the card worked this time so I did some digging and found out the "OSB image failed unsupported" was not a result of a crash from graphics card but was due to an OpenCore SecureBoot failure. One config.plist change of Securebootmodel=Disabled and, BAM, I am booting Monterey.

Question I have for you is I still don't have Bluetooth working and was wondering if you can help me figure out what I am missing.
I have the Kexts you listed and left out Bluetooth injector kext
BlueToolFixup.kext <-- from BrcmPatchRAM version 2.6.1
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext <-- v2.0.1
Is there something else that needs to be done I may be missing>?
Wifi is working with AirportItlwm.kext and I use app to turn of and on.

Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated as it will probably take me a lot of experimenting to figure it out.
Also if you could send me your FixShutdown-USB-SSDT file since we have the same hardware
-- This would help me get all the USB ports working, which I could not get all ports on High Sierra to work even though i mapped them all out in a custom USB-SSDT

Thanks again for your post and any additional help you can provide.

CoolBean...

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did a small update to add FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml to fix shutdown issue (sudden wake after shutdown, but it really didn't shutdown due to S5 callout issue. Noticed that my MB LEDs were still on even tho it was "powered down". Used USB Controller Path _SB.PCI0.GP13.XHC0 for compiling.
Hi very happy to see that who managed to have the proper shutdown ! I am dreaming of it. I tried follow the dortania guide but i was unable to understand how do my own. I would really appreaciate you give me a very small tutorial with some pictures. How do you find your USB controller and the path, ? and how to make the ssdt ?. It will be very nice to show me the how to pratically. Thanks by advance.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Wow, thanks for posting DarkSilentSC, I got the same hardware now that I recently picked up a Sapphire 6900xt.
I previously had a GTX 1080 and got stuck trying to install big Sur on boot after initial install thinking it was failing due to the GTX 1080 drivers missing only to get the 6900xt and have the same crash after install and first boot with Monterey. I knew the card worked this time so I did some digging and found out the "OSB image failed unsupported" was not a result of a crash from graphics card but was due to an OpenCore SecureBoot failure. One config.plist change of Securebootmodel=Disabled and, BAM, I am booting Monterey.

Question I have for you is I still don't have Bluetooth working and was wondering if you can help me figure out what I am missing.
I have the Kexts you listed and left out Bluetooth injector kext
BlueToolFixup.kext <-- from BrcmPatchRAM version 2.6.1
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext <-- v2.0.1
Is there something else that needs to be done I may be missing>?
Wifi is working with AirportItlwm.kext and I use app to turn of and on.

Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated as it will probably take me a lot of experimenting to figure it out.
Also if you could send me your FixShutdown-USB-SSDT file since we have the same hardware
-- This would help me get all the USB ports working, which I could not get all ports on High Sierra to work even though i mapped them all out in a custom USB-SSDT

Thanks again for your post and any additional help you can provide.

CoolBean...
For Bluetooth issue-- assuming you have placed config.plist properly, all you have left to do is fully shut it down, power down (like PSU switch off or pull the plug) for 30 seconds, and then reboot, Reset NVRAM, and try it.

And as for FixShutdown... I'm still experimenting it-- I don't even know if I have USB ports all working or not. I know if I try to use all plugs on my PC they all work...
Do give it a try and see if makes any difference. To be honest I don't think so since my PC shuts down and wakes up several hours later. For me specifically it was coming from Intel LAN so I turned wake from LAN off.

Attachments

• FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.zip
    727 bytes · Views: 18

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Hi very happy to see that who managed to have the proper shutdown ! I am dreaming of it. I tried follow the dortania guide but i was unable to understand how do my own. I would really appreaciate you give me a very small tutorial with some pictures. How do you find your USB controller and the path, ? and how to make the ssdt ?. It will be very nice to show me the how to pratically. Thanks by advance.
Sorry-- apparently I thought I got it but I'm still experimenting. What I have figured out so far is that I have multiple USB controllers going on and have no idea why the AML file has two same XHC0 entries with inconsistent USB address syntax. Do give this a try and let me know (and how to test whether this works or not). It is my understanding that it depends on the USB Map (AudioGod provided USBX.aml)

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
For Bluetooth issue-- assuming you have placed config.plist properly, all you have left to do is fully shut it down, power down (like PSU switch off or pull the plug) for 30 seconds, and then reboot, Reset NVRAM, and try it.

And as for FixShutdown... I'm still experimenting it-- I don't even know if I have USB ports all working or not. I know if I try to use all plugs on my PC they all work...
Do give it a try and see if makes any difference. To be honest I don't think so since my PC shuts down and wakes up several hours later. For me specifically it was coming from Intel LAN so I turned wake from LAN off.
Thanks, this worked after full power shutdown and PRAM reset.!!
Bluetooth working now
All but two USB ports next to Ethernet ports on back working
--3.0 USB speeds..!!
--USB C port included in working @ full speed.

I did not use the shutdown fix again since mine seems to be shutting down correctly but will use if it stops working.

Thanks for your help
Very nice to have so much of Mac OSX working on new machine with latest OS version.
10Gig Ethernet so nice 😉😁🙌

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Updated to Monterey 12.1, Updated OC 0.7.6 and now has Resizable BAR Support both MacOS and Windows.
AppleGPUBarSize = 0, GPUBarSize = -1
Updated various kexts along the way also.

Russianpanda

AMD OS X Member
OCT 26 UPDATE - Updated to Monterey 12.0.1 / OpenCore 0.7.4
NOV 21 UPDATE - Added FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml to fix shutdown issue.
DEC 18 UPDATE - Update to Monterey 12.1, Update OC version to 0.7.6, Enable BAR Size, Update Kexts - Switched itlwm w/ Heliport for Wi-Fi
Props to AudioGod for his immense help on config.plist as well as direction on resolving my audio issue.

Build Spec
  • CPU: Ryzen R9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Xtreme - BIOS F34
  • RAM: G-Skill Trident Z Neo 4x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz C16 (XMP)
  • Graphics: AsRock RX 6900 XT (Reference Board)
  • Case : NZXT 710i
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000i
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 + Bluetooth 5.0
  • Ethernet 1: Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet
  • Ethernet 2: Aquantia 10 Gigabit Ethernet
  • Sound: Onboard - ALC1220VB
  • Cooling : Corsair H150i
  • Installed Operating Systems: Monterey 12.1 - Windows 11 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.6

ACPI SSDT's (Big Thank you to AUDIOGOD for assistance)
  • SSDT-USBX (USB power tables)
  • SSDT-PLUG (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (SMBus Support)
  • FixShutdown-USB-SSDT (Fix Shutdown Issue - Also did ACPI Patch with USB Controller location _SB.PCI0.GP13.XHC0)
Kexts (Big Thank you to AUDIOGOD for assistance)
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen (Back-enabled for unfairgva=1)
  • AppleALC
  • SmallTreeIntel82576 (Now dead and now using Aquantia 10GbE! Waiting for new kext to come out...)
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • USBMap
  • AirportItlwm itlwm w/ Heliport (Replaced to Monterey Version)
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware (Working!)
  • IntelBluetoothInjector (Removed for Monterey)
  • BlueToolFixup (Added for Monterey)
  • RestrictEvents (Back-enabled for AMD CPU Name, this changes memory view to iMacPro-like layout)
  • AppleIGB (Still not working!)

What Works
Sound (Headphone Port on the back of the PC. My Creative AE-5 uses front audio hub for Windows)
Ethernet Port (Intel GBE Ethernet) (Aquantia 10GbE Ethernet is now Active!)
WiFi / Bluetooth (BlueToolFixup Version 2.6.1 works)
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)
AirDrop (Intel type WiFi does not let AirDrop to work)
iCloud
Hardware Acceleration
iMessages
Facetime
Sleep & Wake
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
Power Nap
Handoff
Continuity

Apple Watch Unlock (This actually works)
HDCP Content (Apple tv+)

What Doesn't Work
SideCar
Intel 1GbE Ethernet
AirDrop
Handoff
Continuity

Bios Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Enable ReSize BAR Support -> Enabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
Started from AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus thread--
Aorus Xtreme - ALC1220VB Device Address: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4), layout-id=7, PCI address: 1022-1487.
For me I had Sound Blaster AE-5 installed for Windows, so had to locate it and do alctsel=1.
Kernel Patch Added Find/Replace Aquantia Network Drive.
Boot arg: alctsel=1 alcid=7 unfairgva=1 agdpmod=ignore
Added FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml by compiling .dsl file with DSDT tag _SB.PCI0.GP13.XHC0 + adding ACPI/Patch plist add-on to resolve shutdown issue.
Where is the file?

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Just saw Airportlwm and IntelBluetoothFirmware RC2.1.0 came out so I updated my kexts with these -- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi performance improved greatly.
Also decided to post up config.plist for OC 0.7.6 - Please use at your own risk.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Updated to Monterey 12.2.1, OC 0.7.8 and now added Custom USBMap.kext for Aorus Xtreme X570 rev.0 motherboard.

I'll take this opportunity on how I used USBMap tool thanks to corpnewt.

Before talking about actual mapping, some realization:

1. Dorthania's guide on using FixShutdown SSDT with searching for _PRW in SB.PCI0.XHC is COMPLETELY useless in AMD systems, since this is more for Intel system. So proper USBMap kext was needed. (However it seems disabling Wake on LAN in BIOS resolved the problem of system starting itself as soon as I unplug any USB devices on the PC)
2. USBMap Kext apparently does not have any executables, and filling the line of executablePath in config.plist causes OC to no longer boot.

As far as Gigabyte Aorus X570 motherboard USB goes, there are 3 XHC Controllers involved:

1. The CPU (XHC0@0,3/60) - System in a chip where it also has its own USB controller
2. The X570 Chipset (XHC1@0,1) - Obviously
3. The 3.2 G1 Hub which is slave to X570 Chipset (XHC1@0,3/61)

The USB map table against the motherboard USB port layouts are as follows:
There is one USB A port (#12) that it just simply won't recognize.

No USB Type Loc Host Type/Port USBMapType
========================================================
1 2.0 A Back Chipset+2.0 Hub (ITE) XHC1@0,1/PRT4 255
2 2.0 A Back Chipset+2.0 Hub (ITE) XHC1@0,1/PRT4
3 2.0 A Back Chipset+2.0 Hub (ITE) XHC1@0,1/PRT4
4 2.0 A Back Chipset+2.0 Hub (ITE) XHC1@0,1/PRT4
5 3.2 G2 A Back CPU XHC0@0,3/60/PRT1 3
6 3.2 G2 A Back CPU XHC0@0,3/60/PRT2 3
7 3.2 G1 A-BIOS Back CPU XHC0@0,3/60/PRT3 3
8 3.2 G1 A Back CPU XHC0@0,3/60/PRT4
9 3.2 G2 A Back Chipset XHC1@0,1/PRT1 3
10 3.2 G2 A Back Chipset XHC1@0,1/PRT5 3
11 3.2 G2 C Back Chipset XHC1@0,1/PRT2 9
12 3.2 G2 A Back Chipset XHC1@0,1/PRT6? 3
13 3.2 G1 A FPanel Chipset+3.2 G1 XHC0@0,3/61/PRT1 3
14 3.2 G1 A FPanel Chipset+3.2 G1 XHC0@0,3/61/PRT2 3
15 3.2 G2 C FPanel Chipset+3.2 G1 XHC0@0,3/61/PRT4 9
16 3.2 G1 A-X FPanel Chipset
17 3.2 G1 A-X FPanel Chipset
18 2.0 A Internal Chipset+3.2 G1 XHC0@0,3/61/PRT3 255
19 2.0 A Internal Chipset+3.2 G1 XHC0@0,3/61/PRT3
20 BT HC A BT Chipset XHC1@0,1/PRT3 255

Edit – Finally figured it out and with ERP disabled in BIOS the system no longer wakes up on its own!. EFI file update will follow soon.

Last edited:

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Pushed out OC config.plist for OC 0.8.0 that works with Monterey 12.4.
Still trying to figure out why Aquantia is not working (Enabled the param to true, added kernel patch, enabled SVM in BIOS (Vt-d equivalent for Gigabyte MB in my understanding)

It turns out that Vt-d support simply doesn’t exist for AMD system, so enabling SVM doesn’t do anything, since no AppleVTD item appears in IOServices. All the discussion about turning Vt-d on and modifying DMAR is really for Intel builds.
Also, OC manual says only AQC107”S” series were tested (apparently it‘s called “secure” version), not AQC107 - this would mean unable to run this in many adapters.

So far as internet is involved, I’m hanging with AX200 WiFi for now, with bluetooth sometimes going off signal for a few seconds and then coming back. Beeg uwu time.

Last edited:

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Updated to OC 0.8.6 that works with Monterey 12.6.1
Huge thanks to CaseySJ, ExtremeXT, and many folks in Ryzen 7000 testing thread for AQC107 workarounds.
I purchased Fenvi T919 Wifi/BT card so now it works without any additional kexts. I have left Intel AX200 WiFi BT5 card-related kexts in EFI just in case if someone wants to use it. Just make sure those applicable kexts are enabled in config.plist.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Next big update coming soon....

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 9.46.37 PM.png

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
0.8.7 EFI now available for my build!

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
Hi may I know whether AQC107 works or not? whatever in Ventura or Monterey, with any workaround?

thanks a lot!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.