Processor Unknown and Serial Number Default String?

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
I have just recently managed to install BigSur and for the most part, everything is working fine. However, I noticed that whereas in Catalina my system showed as a MacPro 2017 and Core i5, it now shows processor unknown and serial number as "default string". Has anyone else come across this issue?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have just recently managed to install BigSur and for the most part, everything is working fine. However, I noticed that whereas in Catalina my system showed as a MacPro 2017 and Core i5, it now shows processor unknown and serial number as "default string". Has anyone else come across this
Go into your config.plist and change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, save and restart and fixed.
Then add RestrictEvents to your Kexts folder and config and your CPU info will then show correctly under about your Mac instead of it listing as a intel. 👍

As for your mac listing wrong, are you sure your SMBios details are correct in your Plist?
Thats the only reason that would happen.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.