Problems with upgrading to Big Sur

POCTEXHAD3OP

AMD OS X Member
Hello. I have installed macOS big sur update. After restarting the computer, it starts up on the "MacOS Installer" and hangs on this line.
I have MacOS Cataliina 10.15.6 and OpenCore Bootloader 0.6.0.

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1400

This is my EFI

Attachments

• 20200904_144218.jpg
    20200904_144218.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 10

AppleManDos

AMD OS X Member
Hello. I have installed macOS big sur update. After restarting the computer, it starts up on the "MacOS Installer" and hangs on this line.
I have MacOS Cataliina 10.15.6 and OpenCore Bootloader 0.6.0.

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1400

This is my EFI

I looked at your config.plist but it does not look like it has the Big Sur patches. Available here.

AppleManDos

AMD OS X Member

POCTEXHAD3OP

AMD OS X Member
If I can answer it, I will try. If not, the community may be able to help.
1) I installed patches for Big Sur. I selected 'MacOS installer' in the menu and the installation started. There was a bar under the Apple icon that said 'less than a minute left', and it hovered. How can I fix this?
2) Can you explain how to change the default device in OpenCore so that after downloading Opencore, windows loads after a while instead of MacOS?

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Hold ctrl and press enter/return on the entry you would like as “default”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AppleManDos

AMD OS X Member
1) I installed patches for Big Sur. I selected 'MacOS installer' in the menu and the installation started. There was a bar under the Apple icon that said 'less than a minute left', and it hovered. How can I fix this?
2) Can you explain how to change the default device in OpenCore so that after downloading Opencore, windows loads after a while instead of MacOS?

1) I cannot help with this. For me, it will reboot on its own after it reaches less than a minute left. After rebooting, does OpenCore see a new bootable partition such as preboot? If so, have you attempted to boot from it? My uneducated and unresearched guess is that the installer cannot communicate with your hardware correctly to initiate a shutdown or reboot.

2) savage001 answered your question. Please note that if you reset your NVRAM, you will need to Ctrl-Enter your default selection again.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.