Problems when Installing 10.15.4

Gobbatman

AMD OS X Member
I'm following this (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/AMD/zen.html#platforminfo) guide to install Catalina on my pc.
It's a ASROCK B450 PRO4 mobo with a RX 5700XT.

I followed step by step the guide and when I click Install (after formatting the disk to APFS) the time remaining changes from 23 minutes to 10h+.

When I open the install log the last error msg is this:
"May 18 01:11:50 Mac-Pro osinstallersetupd[686]: PackageKit: No native mechanism to verify BaseSystem.chunklist"

The whole log is attached here along my config.plist.

If someone knows how to help!

Attachments

• Installer Log 17-May-2020.txt
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • Config.plist
    40.6 KB · Views: 0

Gobbatman

AMD OS X Member
Just a follow up... I let the installation going and i left for work.. when I came home it had finished.
Still testing..

dukefb

AMD OS X Member
@Gobbatman I'm facing a similar issue but mine starts at 'Started downloading package com.apple.pkg.InstallESDDmg...etc.' and in the end it just exits install saying 'the operation couldn't be completed (PKDownloadError error 8.)

diegof

AMD OS X Member
I'm in the same problem
mobo aorus x470, ryzen 7 2700 and rx 580

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am not sure if this is helpful or not, but I never had this issue with my Pro4. I am working on issues with how the system handles system upgrades, but otherwise it is very stable for me. Here is my EFI.

Attachments

• config.plist
    42.4 KB · Views: 5

proton

AMD OS X Member
I am not sure if this is helpful or not, but I never had this issue with my Pro4. I am working on issues with how the system handles system upgrades, but otherwise it is very stable for me. Here is my EFI.
Can you please share your amls, efis and kexts? I am using B450 Fatal1ty K4 mobo, I think the USB maps are going to be same. I am not able to install Catalina. I think it is due to it not being able to map the USBs and ports properly.
I am getting -

02:891 00:007 AAPL: [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49
02:898 00:006 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:DT] 2020-10-25T21:03:15
02:906 00:008 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-10-25T21:03:15

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@proton, though our motherboards share chip set, I would find it very unlikely that the USB mapping file I have would work for you, but you are welcome to try it out. I actually got it from another Hackintosher with the ASRock B450 Pro4, and it has been perfect for me. I wish I could remember who it was, as I would thank them again for it.
EFI.png
My EFI looks like this. My Kexts were current versions as of OC 0.6.2 with the exception of the RealtekRTL8111.kext, which I had to roll back because the current version totally borked on my board. All the EFI files are genuine OC 0.6.2 as I remade my EFI folder from scratch this time. The Red flagging is totally arbitrary and just lets me know which files were from my older EFI revisions

Here is the SSDT file I use that has the key USB mapping details.

Good luck!

pm

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml.zip
    1 KB · Views: 8

proton

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much. I am still struggling to install Catalina. Let's see if this helps. I am stuck at OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2
Do let me know if you can point me in some direction to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.