Problems starting installation on Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
HI Guys.

First of all - thank you for a great forum and stunning dedication to help!
And pardon my bad English. Not my native language, so please correct me if things seeme unclear.

I have finally reached a point where I'm able to try with a Hackintosh installation once again.
I have previously had an old installation running on a very low-end spare computer, but I have now managed to save up for a GFX that will give me some more performance and will work a bit better that my old nvidia-card

Been working on getting things to work on and off the last couple of weeks, but I just can't seem to get my head around what I'm doing wrong.

My Setup is as follows:

CPU: 3900X
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
GPU: MSI 6800XT
SSD: Samsung 970 512GB

I have tried to build an EFI from the ground up using the Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide and when failing here nomourous times, I tried to "skip a few steps" and downloaded various EFI's(mostly from "Success Stories" made by AudioGod and Shaneee made for Gigabyte Aorus boards) and tried modifying these, but still failing.

Sometimes I get dont even get a MacOS listed in the bootmenu and other times I get to the "Apple logo" and then the system just reboots.
I have tried differet USB-Sticks i different ports as I remember having this issue with my old build.

I have mostly tried with "Big Sur" as there are some issues with my ethernet adaptor on Monterey.

Have reached a point where I don't know where to look anymore.
Can anyone give me a heads up on building a working EFI and maybe going through the process with me, as I'm apparently doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I would try using the DEBUG version of OpenCore and adding -v to your boot arguments. That would give you a bit more information where things go wrong (which can be numerous). We can then help. You could also upload your EFI and have some of our boffins take a look at it.

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
Yes - Of course. Sorry

Here's the current EFI im trying with the debug log.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 11
  • opencore-2022-02-17-105127.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this OpenCore EFI, it has bee created for a 12-core CPU like yours.

When you get to the OC Boot Screen do the following:
  1. Press the Spacebar.
  2. Select ClearNvram.
  3. Select ResetSystem.
After the system reboots, select your macOS installation icon as normal.

Post a screen image of the Verbose text if the system kernel panics.

Assumption is that you have set your Bios to work with macOS - # AMD Bios Settings

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 13

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
Thank you, for your assistance.

I tried to Reset nvram and tried again to start with my "old" EFI (Attached the logfile) - Seems that I get the same errors.

Yes - the BIOS have been setup as the guide specifies.

When trying the EFI you have attached, no other boot options than my Windows is showing.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-02-17-180232.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Question then is how have you formatted the installation drive?
  • With HfsPlus.efi present in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder all Mac OS Extended (Journaled) drives should be visible, including your macOS installer.
  • OpenCore incorporates the APFSDriverLoader.efi driver, so any APFS drives should be visible too.
  • The config.plist is set with the ScanPolicy=0, so all drives should be displayed on the picker list or OC GUI boot screen.
  • With the EFI I provided you should be seeing the OC GUI boot screen not the Picker List.
  • When you access the Bios Boot Menu, do you see two partition entries for your USB pen drive (macOS installer)?
  • Is one just the name of the pen drive and the other the name of the pen drive but with UEFI preceding the name?
  • You should be booting from the UEFI partition of the installation drive.

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
Thanks again for your assistance - I will try to answer your questions.

The drive is formattet with FAT32.
I just removed my old EFI folder from the USB and transfered your EFI folder to the drive 1:1
Didn't do any modifications - But I have seen, that "symptom" earlier when doing a "OC Clean Snapshot" and then "OC Snapshot" with ProperTree.
Should I have been doing any?

When I access to BIOS Boot Menu I only see the USB itself - no UEFI boot, but if I again transfer my old EFI i see both the USB and the UEFI menu.

The pendrive is just a regular KingstonDataTraveler 3.0 32GB drive, mounted to one of the USB Ports directly to the motherboard - not to the "front USB Header"(Dont know if this makes any difference on this board)

jberdan

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Salut les gars.

Tout d'abord, merci pour ce forum formidable et votre dévouement époustouflant à aider !
Et pardonnez mon mauvais anglais. Ce n'est pas ma langue maternelle, alors corrigez-moi si les choses ne semblent pas claires.

J'ai finalement atteint un point où je peux essayer de nouveau avec une installation Hackintosh.
J'avais auparavant une ancienne installation fonctionnée sur un ordinateur de rechange très bas de gamme, mais j'ai maintenant réussi à économiser pour un GFX qui me donnera plus de performances et fonctionnera un peu mieux que mon ancienne carte nvidia

J'ai travaillé pour faire fonctionner les choses de temps en temps ces deux dernières semaines, mais je n'arrive tout simplement pas à comprendre ce que je fais de mal.

Ma configuration est la suivante :

Processeur : 3900X
Carte mère : Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
Carte graphique : MSI 6800XT
SSD : Samsung 970 512 Go

J'ai essayé de construire un EFI à partir de zéro en utilisant le guide d'installation OpenCore de Dortania et en cas d'échec ici, j'ai essayé de "sauter quelques étapes" et téléchargé divers EFI (principalement à partir de " Success Stories" faites par AudioGod et Shaneee faites pour les cartes Gigabyte Aorus) et j'ai essayé de les modifier, mais toujours sans succès.

Parfois, je n'obtiens même pas un MacOS répertorié dans le menu de démarrage et d'autres fois, j'arrive au "logo Apple", puis le système redémarre.
J'ai essayé différentes clés USB sur différents ports car je me souviens avoir eu ce problème avec mon ancienne version.

J'ai surtout essayé avec "Big Sur" car il y a quelques problèmes avec mon adaptateur Ethernet à Monterey.

Je suis arrivé à un point où je ne sais plus où chercher.
Quelqu'un peut-il me donner une idée de la construction d'un EFI fonctionnel et peut-être suivre le processus avec moi, car je fais quelque chose de mal choisi.

Merci d'avance.
Bonjour,
Ayant la même carte mère que vous, je vous transmets donc mon EFI qui fonctionne sous la dernière version Monterey 12.2.1 et d'OpenCore 0,7.8.
Pour le Bios/UEFI version f35 ou f36, mettre Loaded Optimized Defaults et changer seulement :
Profil XMP 1 = Activé - Support CSM = Désactivé. Cet EFI fonctionne avec MacPro 7.1 et à vous d'inscrire ou non le N° de série.
Ayant un processeur 8 coeurs je l'ai donc changé en 12 coeurs !
2 ou 3 remises en route sont à effectuer après la mise à jour du Bios/UEFI pour obtenir la présentation du choix des icônes Windows et Mac et que le tout se stabilise.
Cordialement

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
English please, use Google translate if you can’t write what you need to say.

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
OK :) I finally managed to get a bit further it seems.

Edhawk: I tried your EFI once again - and I wasn't aware that by pressing "Spacebar" while booting gives some more options.
Acturally came acros this by incidence as being frustrated and banging the keyboard upon boot - haha.

But still no dice regarding starting the installation - and it seems that I don't get the "opencore-2022-02-19-xxxxxx.txt" file on my bootdrive anymore - what triggers this one?

I have taken acouple of photos of the errors while booting as no *.txt is given - did a reset and clear nvram and reboot before trying.

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    16.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 002.png
    002.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 5

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
Bonjour,
Ayant la même carte mère que vous, je vous transmets donc mon EFI qui fonctionne sous la dernière version Monterey 12.2.1 et d'OpenCore 0,7.8.
Pour le Bios/UEFI version f35 ou f36, mettre Loaded Optimized Defaults et changer seulement :
Profil XMP 1 = Activé - Support CSM = Désactivé. Cet EFI fonctionne avec MacPro 7.1 et à vous d'inscrire ou non le N° de série.
Ayant un processeur 8 coeurs je l'ai donc changé en 12 coeurs !
2 ou 3 remises en route sont à effectuer après la mise à jour du Bios/UEFI pour obtenir la présentation du choix des icônes Windows et Mac et que le tout se stabilise.
Cordialement
Thanks for your EFI - tried it still not working ;)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Misc > Debug > Target set as 67 in the config.plist generates the OC boot log file.

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 14.31.44.png Target set to 3 in config.plist, stops boot log file being generated.

I set this option to 3 in my EFI's as I hate the accumulation of these log files.

I probably shouldn't do the same when offering EFI's for others to use.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
PCI Configuration Begin, is a very common boot error when booting macOS.

There are a number of possible causes for this kernel panic, as shown in the Dortania Kernel Issues section of their Troubleshooting guide - # stuck-on-rtc-pci-configuration-begins-previous-shutdown-hpet-hid-legacy

Provide a copy of your system DSDT.aml and I can eliminate a few of those possible causes. By generating a couple of custom SSDT's for your system.

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
PCI Configuration Begin, is a very common boot error when booting macOS.

There are a number of possible causes for this kernel panic, as shown in the Dortania Kernel Issues section of their Troubleshooting guide - # stuck-on-rtc-pci-configuration-begins-previous-shutdown-hpet-hid-legacy

Provide a copy of your system DSDT.aml and I can eliminate a few of those possible causes. By generating a couple of custom SSDT's for your system.
Here you go - and thank you again for your help.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
A revised EFI 3.zip is attached below.

This EFI contains 4 new SSDT's.
  1. SSDT-EC.aml - EC fix for your system
  2. SSDT-HPET.aml - IRQ fixes for your system
  3. SSDT-USB-Reset.aml - USB reset fix for your three USB controllers
  4. SSDT-USBX.aml - USB power settings for macOS
SSDT's 1 - 3 were created/generated from your DSDT.aml using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.
They are different to any Generic SSDT's you might find in the Dortania OC guide.

SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml replaced the generic SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table that was previously in the /EFI/OC/ACPI folder and config.plist.

SSDT-HPET.aml also has two ACPI > Patch entries, which are required if the SSDT is to fix any IRQ conflicts in you setup.
These two ACPI patches have been added to the config.plist.

I have also changed the Target value back to 67, so you should see the boot log files being generated and saved to the root of your USB.

See how this works with your setup.

Attachments

• EFI 3.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 8

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You are already in good hands with the help of @Edhawk but take a look at my EFI folder it might help you boot your hack, I have the same mainboard with a Ryzen 5900X CPU.
I'm use the same folder for Big Sur and Monterey.
Just give it a try and if it didn't work disable the SSDT-UIAC.aml under ACPI and USBPorts.kext under kernel section and try again.

Remember to regenerate the SMBIOS information.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 14

jberdan

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Bonsoir,
Je pense qu'il vous faut maintenant réinitialiser votre Bios/Uefi de la version f35 ou f36 de votre carte mère. Je vous dis cela parce que il y a quelques mois j'avais du procéder de cette manière pour enfin faire fonctionner mon Hackintosh avec les divers EFI que l'on m'avait transmis.

Stroyerdk

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for all your input - I did an "all-nighter" and finally made it to the installation screen, and was able to install Big Sur :)
Along the way I did numerous things.

I did a BIOS upgrade, swtiched USB ports, pendrive, and so on.

What I really think did the magic, was a BIOS flash.

After the BIOS-flash i loaded Edhawk's first EFI with modified SSDT's onto the drive, updated the SMBIOS settings and did an "OC Snapshot" with ProperTree and the installation worked.
I then tried with the the other EFI's provided by both "jberdan" and "Cyberdevs" and they also worked - amazing! :D

I then transferred the EFI folder to the installationdrive with "MountEFI" and booted without the pendrive.
The Montery update showed up, and just for fun I tried to update to this. It worked fine but as expected, the ethernet adaptor had issues - no problem - I'm fine with Big Sur for now.

I reinstalled once again - and the installation again just worked flawless - Just started the installation and left the computer, when I came back I was in Big Sur again.

Thank you all so much for your persistent help - I succeeded and actually also learned alot.

jberdan

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Merci pour toutes vos contributions - j'ai fait une "nuit blanche" et j'ai finalement atteint l'écran d'installation et j'ai pu installer Big Sur:)
En cours de route, j'ai fait de nombreuses choses.

J'ai fait une mise à jour du BIOS, changé les ports USB, la clé USB, etc.

Ce que je pense vraiment a fait la magie, c'est un flash du BIOS.

Après le BIOS-flash, j'ai chargé le premier EFI d'Edhawk avec des SSDT modifiés sur le lecteur, mis à jour les paramètres SMBIOS et effectué un "instantané OC" avec ProperTree et l'installation a fonctionné.
J'ai ensuite essayé avec les autres EFI fournis par "jberdan" et "Cyberdevs" et ils ont également fonctionné - incroyable !:RÉ

J'ai ensuite transféré le dossier EFI sur le lecteur d'installation avec "MountEFI" et démarré sans la clé USB.
La mise à jour de Montery est apparue, et juste pour le plaisir, j'ai essayé de mettre à jour cela. Cela a bien fonctionné mais comme prévu, l'adaptateur Ethernet a eu des problèmes - pas de problème - je vais bien avec Big Sur pour l'instant.

J'ai réinstallé une fois de plus - et l'installation a de nouveau fonctionné sans problème - Je viens de démarrer l'installation et de quitter l'ordinateur, quand je suis revenu, j'étais à nouveau à Big Sur.

Merci beaucoup à tous pour votre aide persistante - j'ai réussi et j'ai aussi beaucoup appris.

Bonsoir,
Content que ma recommandation sur la mise à jour du Bios/UEFI vous a permis de pouvoir enfin démarrer. Pour Internet, je précise que pour Monterey mon fichier EFI a le bon adaptateur relatif à notre carte mère.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.