Problem with USB, Shutting down/sleep and Audio with HDMI on OC 0.6.8

ca122

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I’ve installed Big Sur with OpenCore 0.6.8. I managed to get iServices working and booting the OS without USB. However I’m having problems with Shutting down/sleep, HDMI Audio and USB mapping.

• As For the audio I’m using VoodooHDA.kext since I’m in AMD. On the audio info of hackintool, it shows the display, but there’s no output option. I’m using a DVI to HDMI cable that works perfectly on Windows 10
  • As for the shutting down problem, my computer doesn’t turn completely off, as my fan keep spinning and the lights are on. Also when it goes in sleep mode I can’t reactivate it, since the screen shows “no signal” and it doesn’t respond to input
  • As for USB Mapping, many ports of my PC aren’t working, even if it seems to see them; also on Hackintool there isn’t any USB port, so it makes even harder mapping everything. I’m using XLNCUSBFix.kext XHCI-unsupported.kext SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml ;

I have these kext and aml because I have followed dortania’s guide

Thanks in advance for everyone who’ll try to help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 5

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you are able to boot and use the kb and mouse without XLNCUSBFix.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext you can then try to map your USB correctly assuming macOS sees the controllers. Hackintool should show them without those kexts loaded. This may fix your shutdown issue.

ca122

AMD OS X Member
If you are able to boot and use the kb and mouse without XLNCUSBFix.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext you can then try to map your USB correctly assuming macOS sees the controllers. Hackintool should show them without those kexts loaded. This may fix your shutdown issue.
Hi, thanks for replyin, I tried as you suggested but hackintool doesn’t show usb ports, keyboard and mouse only work on usb 3.0 ports of my pc, the other ports are not working

Tyoma

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You should try IORegistryExplorer to see if it shows your USB ports

ca122

AMD OS X Member
You should try IORegistryExplorer to see if it shows your USB ports
Hi thanks for replying, I’ve tried with IORegistry but it shows too many ports and the problem is that many ports just don’t work, if I plug a device in nothing happen, making it impossible to map. Without the kext loaded only usb 3.0 works, while If using the kext I get 2 other USB ports

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 13.07.59.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 13.07.59.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 6

ca122

AMD OS X Member
Does hackintool at least show the controllers? You could get the port list from IOReg and map from there using CorpNewts tool
Hi, thanks again for replaying. I have more or less resolved the shutting down and usb problem, now the only remaining is hdmi audio. I can use the audio jack of the PC, but my speakers aren’t that powerful, so I’d like to use my tv as audio output, like I D with Windows 10

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I see you've already got Whatevergreen but there shouldn't be any need for HDMIAudio.kext. Have you tried HDMI Audio without this kext and only Whatevergreen? You could also try the boot arg -cdfon.

ca122

AMD OS X Member
I see you've already got Whatevergreen but there shouldn't be any need for HDMIAudio.kext. Have you tried HDMI Audio without this kext and only Whatevergreen? You could also try the boot arg -cdfon.
Yes I tried, also removing the kext and adding -cdfon. No luck unfortunately. however I still have shutting down and sleep issues, I thought I managed them but no way!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Check in IORegistryExplorer for HDAU. That'll be the HDMI audio. See if it's even being linked.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thanks again for replaying. I have more or less resolved the shutting down and usb problem, now the only remaining is hdmi audio. I can use the audio jack of the PC, but my speakers aren’t that powerful, so I’d like to use my tv as audio output, like I D with Windows 10

How did you solve the shutdown problem and USB?
My machine shuts down then starts back up and I think USB is causing instant wake.
I’ve tried mapping ports with hackintool but I think my monitor which has built in KVM is causing the instant wake. It’s attached to my pc via USB C and my keyboard and mouse are attached to my monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ca122

AMD OS X Member
How did you solve the shutdown problem and USB?
My machine shuts down then starts back up and I think USB is causing instant wake.
I’ve tried mapping ports with hackintool but I think my monitor which has built in KVM is causing the instant wake. It’s attached to my pc via USB C and my keyboard and mouse are attached to my monitor.

For usb I used Usbmapping script and started plugging my mouse everywhere to let it map. Then I added the generated usbma.kext to my confitg.plist. Unfortunately I didn’t resolve my shutting down problem. I’m not at home today so I cant use my PC

savage001

AMD OS X Member
For usb I used Usbmapping script and started plugging my mouse everywhere to let it map. Then I added the generated usbma.kext to my confitg.plist. Unfortunately I didn’t resolve my shutting down problem. I’m not at home today so I cant use my PC

Yeah I’ll try using the script and see if that helps.

ca122

AMD OS X Member
Check in IORegistryExplorer for HDAU. That'll be the HDMI audio. See if it's even being linked.

hi sorry for replaying only now, I've been busy. IORegistry shows it's linked

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Is it shown as HDAU though? If not a simple rename should get it working.

ca122

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this. I've cleaned up the EFI and changed some settings. You'll need to update your USB map though. Change only that and test the audio.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

ca122

AMD OS X Member
Try with this. I've cleaned up the EFI and changed some settings. You'll need to update your USB map though. Change only that and test the audio.
I tried the EFI you sent, but unfortunately I can’t use the HDMI audio yet, only using the green jack port

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ok still using the EFI I sent remove the HDMIAudio kext and reboot.

ca122

AMD OS X Member
Ok still using the EFI I sent remove the HDMIAudio kext and reboot
I think it wasn’t enabled,even if it was inside the kext folder

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.