Problem with Nvidia web driver (High Sierra 10.13.6 17g14042)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try clearing the NVRAM and booting again. You should be able to do this from OpenCore.

Sbocco

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
sorry man, in the last few days I have had a lot of problems with my work and haven't had much time for hackintosh.
i just tried it and everything works perfectly, the only thing that doesn't work is some usb ports. they only work 4. Do you have any tips to make them work?
@Shaneee and @AudioGod I thank you very much anyway.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

alywave

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I was having the same problem and I solved the problem with the efi file you shared. Thanks, but I have different issue. When I make any changes in the kernel part, the system does not boot.

Attachments

• IMG_2828-min.JPG
    IMG_2828-min.JPG
    922 KB · Views: 13

nagame

AMD OS X Member
hi i have same problem:(someone can help me to fix it?

my hardware:
r5 3600x
strix b450i
gtx1080

macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra (17G14033)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 4

catbones

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I have a big problem with Nvidia web driver. I am using open core to complete a hackintosh. I installed high sierra 10.13.6 (17g66) then i upgraded to the version (17g14042).
When I install the Nvidia web drivers and reboot the system, the screen goes black and I can't do anything anymore.
My setup is:

• Ryzen 9 3900x
  • Gigabyte aourus ultra x570
  • GTX 1050 TI

I'm sorry but this is my first hackintosh and I don't know how to fix it. Can you help me?
This is my config.plist

Hi Sbocco,

Had the same issue as you with 17G66 OSX H Sierra and there is no supportive driver for GTX 1050TI for the older 17G66 version you download, nor will it work with 17G14042. It's quite messed up I think between all the releases. Now since I've gone through this, happy to share my info and what worked for me.

So first, I would reinstall your High Sierra with the 17G66 version, then don't install any Nvidia drivers yet or any software related just use the flickering Inter or whatever your board has. After that download (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1997?locale=en_US) update, its 2019-02 which after updating will set you into System Version 17G6030. Then you can use this (https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update) to download the correct Nvidia driver, reboot and everything should work. Just run the bash command in that git which is (bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)), don't run anything else from the github.

If it doesn't, just make sure that your Kernel boot doesn't contain nvidia kill in its execution string / line. Also use -v for verbose to see whats going on and post a screenshot here so we can help further but the above should 99% work since I've gone through evereything you described.

Hope this fixes your hackintosh, it did mine after a lot of hair pulls :) Cheers!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.