Problem with my 1st Hackintosh

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have had good speed ethernet for over an hour now. I am happy to continue to use Ethernet, so at least this is fall back option

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have my Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard Paired via bluetooth and my mouse, though I suspect I best use the Unifying Receiver dongle during the option to boot from windows or Mac. I suspect it won't have connectivity there, but will test that now.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman I just made a couple small changes, then I got an issue on boot. I will upload my EFI and a screenshot from my phone.

Everything was great until I added some fixes that worked before and I updated some kexts versions.

Edit: I resolved the issue. It was the BCRM files. I've removed those.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    31.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I only seem to have 1 issue I can find. When I go and select system update. It doesn’t actual give me any results. The loading wheel just keeps spinning. But in system preferences, it tells me there is 1 update.

Edit: I resolved the problem.

I’m so wrapped in this Hackintosh. It has everything I need and if I need Windows, I can boot there too. I’m considering buying another 1 TB NVMe just to run the OS from. I think the speed performance will be huge. Thank you

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman I just finished reinstalling to the new SSD and the boot was incredibly fast. Much faster than I ever imagined. I use a SSD for boot for my Windows too but I wasn’t expecting such a massive performance change. I am using a Samsung 970 EVO plus. Also, I’m not sure why, but the wifi is incredibly faster. There was less time needed to connect to the Wifi and my wifi speed was hitting 190 mbps. Could the Hard Drive needing more power to physically run, be draining too much power from the system that it was causing problems ?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman I just finished reinstalling to the new SSD and the boot was incredibly fast. Much faster than I ever imagined. I use a SSD for boot for my Windows too but I wasn’t expecting such a massive performance change. I am using a Samsung 970 EVO plus. Also, I’m not sure why, but the wifi is incredibly faster. There was less time needed to connect to the Wifi and my wifi speed was hitting 190 mbps. Could the Hard Drive needing more power to physically run, be draining too much power from the system that it was causing problems ?
Possibly. As for the system performance well good for you! On my B550 my system simply flies. Yes it is that much quicker. It may be because we have the correct configs in place so the system picks it up that much quicker. I mean did also try to optimise the APFSTrimTimeout timing so there's that. But yes it is a fast system, and a very enjoyable one to use at that.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Possibly. As for the system performance well good for you! On my B550 my system simply flies. Yes it is that much quicker. It may be because we have the correct configs in place so the system picks it up that much quicker. I mean did also try to optimise the APFSTrimTimeout timing so there's that. But yes it is a fast system, and a very enjoyable one to use at that.
I didn’t know about that Kext and it really wasn’t too much of an issue for me. I didn’t realise it was that slow before. If I hadn’t upgraded to a SSD, I probably would have researched the Optimisation.

My Bluetooth isn’t actually finding anything in the searching. I’ll need to check if I have the correct Bluetooth fixes in my EFI. Everything else is working great.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I didn’t know about that Kext and it really wasn’t too much of an issue for me. I didn’t realise it was that slow before. If I hadn’t upgraded to a SSD, I probably would have researched the Optimisation.

My Bluetooth isn’t actually finding anything in the searching. I’ll need to check if I have the correct Bluetooth fixes in my EFI. Everything else is working great.
Right. Well not that's not a kext - it is a quirk setting in the latest versions of OC (SetAPFSTrimTimeout). As for the Bluetooth, best way to check is online support for your motherboard's BT interface under the motherboard's support website. It should tell you what card you have based on the drivers provided. If it is Intel or Broadcom you'll need the drivers set as I've mentioned before. Some of the kexts may need updating if they are not working with the present build. Broadcom cards are in my experience a little bit more trickier to configure as its drivers are defined by Apple-native and non-Apple-native. Non-Apple-native tend to use the BRCMPatchRam3 (for booting Catalina and newer OSes onwards) in addition to BRCMFirmwareData. Native cards generally do not need the kexts. However newer BT cards not detected by BRCMPatchRam3 may require firmware extraction from Windows drivers. Broadcom cards on Monterey will also require use of Bluetoolfixup.kext.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I felt it is important to update this thread for my future use and for others to read. The black screen issue that I kept on seeing was nothing more than a screen sleep function. As I was mostly use to Windows and only dabbled on iPad Pro etc, I always knew it was a simple tap of a button to wake it up. On a PC it is a little more complicated and takes a bit longer to wake up. Just continue to hold or tap your Start/Windows Key and you'll be fine. The 1 minute remaining was a lag in the installation, but I resolved that with a different version.

If anyone is wanting to make a Hackintosh and has a limited (Somewhat dummy) knowledge of all of this. I would recommend Downloading Catalina and as that only takes 10 minutes to install, once you get that up and running, then Upgrade using gibMacOS-Master. After Catalina is booted and your logged in, you can download gibMacOs-Master and use the gibMacOS.command to download your install file. Once that is downloaded, run the InstallAssistant.pkg from the MacOS Downloads folder and follow the prompts as it gets your installation ready. Go to Finder -> Applications to find your installer and double click on it. Because you made sure your internet and other necessary kexts were fine, you can maintain a steady internet connection longer and can upgrade without any issues. ❤️

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.