ProArt B550-CREATOR (TB4) who's done a build?

imdrecordings

AMD OS X Member
Hi all

I've got one sitting to my right as far as the MOBO and haven't done the build yet. It seems like a prime candidate, but I haven't seen anyone doing a build. WHat gives?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
That's a nice looking board. It should work just as any other B550 board.

imdrecordings

AMD OS X Member
Sounds like I'll be the guy to try and do it

Letrom

AMD OS X Member
I do have one

What doesn't work for me so far :
1 ethernet NIC

What I don't know about so far
USB : I don't build a USBMap.Kext yet
Thunderbolt : I don't have any thunderbolt device

What Works
NVRAM (Startup disk ➧ multiboot)
Sleep/Wake

imdrecordings

AMD OS X Member
I'm up and running but not perfect, latest Big Sur release. TB4 works perfectly and no issues. Having some issues with the EThernet not working as well as I'm not sure on what SSDTs to make and focus on for better performance. Any SSDT advice would be super appreciated.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

sidenz

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I have a running Asus ProArt B550 Creator (Ryzen 9 5950X) with Catalina, but my Thunderbolt 4 is not working correctly. Do you use any SSDT or specific tweaks for TB4?

Russianpanda

AMD OS X Member
I do have one

What doesn't work for me so far :
1 ethernet NIC

What I don't know about so far
USB : I don't build a USBMap.Kext yet
Thunderbolt : I don't have any thunderbolt device

What Works
NVRAM (Startup disk ➧ multiboot)
Sleep/Wake
What ram do you have. I'm debating if my gskill trident neo z 4x32gb 3600mhz will be able to run at 3600 or will it drop down to 3200.

awilmets

AMD OS X Member
I'm up and running but not perfect, latest Big Sur release. TB4 works perfectly and no issues. Having some issues with the EThernet not working as well as I'm not sure on what SSDTs to make and focus on for better performance. Any SSDT advice would be super appreciated.
I am very glad to know the tb4 working.
Can you share the ssdt for thunderbolt4. Can you guide me. Best regards

mayhemm88

AMD OS X Member
I did a build a while ago with this motherboard and managed to get everything working (including both ethernet ports). I've attached my EFI folder for reference. In order for Ethernet to work properly you have to configure settings manually to 1000baset full duplex, with Energy Efficient Ethernet DISABLED or you'll never get an IP address from DHCP.

Overall this board works well. I haven't had any issues with updates/performance etc. I guess we'll see if this holds true when Monterey is released :)

Attachments

• EFI-B550-Creator.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 78

awilmets

AMD OS X Member
I did a build a while ago with this motherboard and managed to get everything working (including both ethernet ports). I've attached my EFI folder for reference. In order for Ethernet to work properly you have to configure settings manually to 1000baset full duplex, with Energy Efficient Ethernet DISABLED or you'll never get an IP address from DHCP.

Overall this board works well. I haven't had any issues with updates/performance etc. I guess we'll see if this holds true when Monterey is released :)
Hi thanks for the efi folder. are you check the tb4 ports? Is it working?

idna666

AMD OS X Member
Hi thanks for the efi folder. are you check the tb4 ports? Is it working?
I did not use that efi as i did my build two weeks ago, but TB4 is working. You have to flash the BIOS though to the newest Version.

I have the said MB and set up Big Sur 11.5.2.

I had a MSI b450 Tomahawk before, and have been running an install via clover, so i am not completly new to this, but OC is to me.

I have used Audiogods x570 efi as a base, and changed settings regarding B550 following the guide and added the i1225 kext. I used IASL and made a USB map via windows.

At first i had a weird problem with the ethernet connection. When i plugged in the ethernet cable, one webpage loaded, but not a second (i tried safari in the installer). When i typed in a second url, the loading bar at the top stopped moving and nothing happpens anymore ,until i pulled out the cable and then it said (correctly) tha i am offline. So i made an offline installer which ran through, then copied the EFI over. Both NICs are shown in the network tab and i am getting a dhcp lease from the router, but there is was no real connection as in the installer as described before. Weird! I then encountered a similar problem while trying out windows..TLDR: I had to change the duplex mode from the last option just to full duplex, as mayhemm88 described, but i did the build before that post so i found out the hard way.

I had to change the smbios to MacPro7,1, since the display out on my vega56 was not working. At first thunderbolt didnt work either, but it also did not really in windows, so i flashed the latest BIOS update (should have done this as a first step after building the system). After reboot the TB controller was flashed automatically, and my TB devices connected in MacOs, although they do not show up in the system info. I did not try hotplug as i am sure it need some additional work.

So far so good i would say!

Also

cgarnaria

AMD OS X Member

Hi, i tried this efi but i get a security blue screen on boot. Sorry, complete noob here :/

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
How has this board been so far? Anyone know if it works with Monterey? I'm looking to pick up the X570 version to get thunderbolt support.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
How did you guys get Thunderbolt working? I'm not seeing much info on getting that to work. I got the X570 version.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.