presentation

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
Hello, my name is Giancarlo and I come from Italy exactly Puglia, so I apologize for my not perfect English, I help with the google translator, I am a computer enthusiast, I have always had a hackintosh, under intel cpu, and now i switched to amd and i am trying to do a ryzentosh, and i am running into some problems.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. Which AMD components are you using?
  2. Provide details of your system so we know what you are using. Include CPU, motherboard, graphics card, WiFi/BT card, provide make and model of each component.
  3. How are you creating your macOS USB installation drive?
  4. Which version of macOS are you installing?

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
then I have a Ryzen 9 5900x, Msi mpg x570s carbon max WiFi motherboard, I created a USB key following the guide of dortania, but I had to use the full installer version because the hardware part did not go I am attaching some screenshots plus EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The RealtekRTL8125 Ethernet controller is problematic in macOS Monterey, The LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext driver stopped working due to some changes Apple made to macOS.

The options available until a fix is provided seem to be these:
  1. Install a compatible Intel PCIe NIC card, in one of the spare PCIe slots.
  2. Use a USB3 to Ethernet adapter.
Regarding your Intel WiFi/BT card:

The WiFi should be supported when using Itlwm.kext or AirportItlwm.kext:

Here is a link fo the drivers/injectors/firware kexts for the Intel Bluetooth:

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
ok thank you i had heard of mac monterey problems with network cards but also going back to the first version of monterey? as for the wifi I had tried AirportItlwm.kext but it does not work, I will try the other one, instead I had not tried the bluetooth, I will make these changes and let you know, but as regards the wifi, we need to add something to Boot args

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not for the Intel WiFi to work, assuming it is a supported Intel WiFi card.

Make sure you are following the installation instructions correctly.

You need to add the chosen kext to your /OC/Kexts folder AND add an entry to the config.plist, if the kext is to work correctly in OpenCore.

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
try both versions of kext for wifi but nothing is wrong, I intend that it is something in the bios that blocks my connection

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Unlikely to be something in the bios, as there are only a few Bios settings required for an AMD system and none of them are WiFi related. More likely to be something you are missing in the OpenCore setup.

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
ok thanks, I try to tinker inside opencore, from this image I don't understand if the wifi is seen anyway, but I think not otherwise it had to appear in the network settings.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Interesting, an MSI board yet on Monterey? I've heard horror stories about MSI and Monterey - or are those fixed by now (got a Gigabyte board myself)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No there hasn't been any big change. Hence the empty Network pane.

OP may be using an old bios, which doesn't contain the installation block that effects so many MSI setups.

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
unfortunately I have read on the net that MSI is having so many problems with Monterey, I am one of the few who have managed to install it with AMD series 5 CPU, but the network compartment does not go and I cannot even install Big Sur because the video card I have it is only recognized from Monterey and above .... I had just a fortune

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have a couple of options available while these Ethernet issues are sorted out.

1. Install a compatible Intel, Broadcom or Realtek Ethernet PCIe NIC, with the appropriate kext added to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.

2. Use a USB3 to Ethernet adapter, no kext required.

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
ok surely I will try with the second option, I will buy a usb3.0 ethernet adapter, ah I forgot why the SSD M2 disk sees it as an external disk and not an internal one? is SSD M2 gen 4.0

Carlos78

AMD OS X Member
Good evening this time I have another problem, since while waiting for the network card, I configured the machine again, that is only at the software level, and I found that now it does not recognize me two ssd m2 nvme, practically in the first test I was able to install macos Monterey on the ssd m2 samsung 980 pro gen 4.0 inserted in the first slot of the motherboard, now I have mounted the other ssd and hard disk two ssd m2, one from 1T Sabrent and another from 500G Western Black plus I used all 8 sata ports available, I have various hard drives, ssd and two burners. Now it was my intent to install Monterey on SSD M2 Sabrent in the second slot m2, but during the installation phase (Mac disk utility) it does not see both that, nor the other, the Western in the third slot, it sees me only the first, the samsung 980 where now I have installed windows 11. What am I wrong I also tried to format it but does not see it anyway, it may be that I have to disconnect the other ssd m2?
those with the red X do not see them, the rest see everything, the one with the yellow X is the samsung where windows 11 is installed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.