[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update what you need todo is go into the Config.plist and set the Secure boot model to j160 restart and the update will show up and then disable the SecureBootModel while it’s downloading and let the system do its thing. Using Default/x86legacy or Disabled seems to break the update.
This is the only method that seems to work so far.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

savage001

AMD OS X Member
For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update what you need todo is go into the Config.plist and set the Secure boot model to j160 restart and the update will show up and then disable the SecureBootModel while it’s downloading and let the system do its thing. Using Default/x86legacy or Disabled seems to break the update.

What about with Clover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@savage001 No one here really uses Clover. I'd assume it would work as is. If not you can also change the SecureBootModel too if it's available in Clover.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Thanks but it appears the update has been pulled?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

savage001

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ok had a look and you need to build Clover manually with SecureBootModel enabled. You could always use a USB with OpenCore to grab the update.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had the same problem. I downloaded the update from Mr Macintosh website and run the installer.

dawilliams660

AMD OS X Member

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Both my machines are updated to beta 7 now using OpenCore 0.7.4 and changing only smbios name to iMac17,1. Both machines have tpm turned, no other changes.
Smalltree kext appears working again so I wasted $25 on a network card that hasn’t arrived yet lol.

Aries

AMD OS X Member
Both my machines are updated to beta 7 now using OpenCore 0.7.4 and changing only smbios name to iMac17,1. Both machines have tpm turned, no other changes.
Smalltree kext appears working again so I wasted $25 on a network card that hasn’t arrived yet lol.

similarly but OpenCore 0.7.3...

Graystarr

AMD OS X Member
I upgraded to Opencore 0.7.4 ( yes Shanee all by myself! lol) and found out that Beta 7 does not support my GT 710 any longer! Had to go buy a graphics card!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I upgraded to Opencore 0.7.4 ( yes Shanee all by myself! lol) and found out that Beta 7 does not support my GT 710 any longer! Had to go buy a graphics card!
There’s a patch out to make your GPU work again with beta 7 but it’s a little messy as you will need to redo it with every update.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

dawilliams660

AMD OS X Member

I tried this and it did not work for me....

elixir

AMD OS X Member
im on iMacPro1,1 and OC 0.7.2 and this is what i did

1. USB:
1.1 MISC > secure boot model = j137
1.2 PlatformInfo > SystemProductName = iMacPro1,1
2. SSD (Monterey Disk):
2.1 MISC > secure boot model = Disabled
2.2 PlatformInfo > SystemProductName = iMacPro1,1
3. restart and select USB to load OC
4. choose your SSD (Monterey Disk) to boot on the OS
5. go to system preferences > software update. ----> beta 7 update will now showing
6. select it to update
7. while updating..... you need to prepare your USB
8. USB:
8.1 MISC > secure boot model = Disabled
8.2 PlatformInfo > SystemProductName = iMac17,1
9. when update preparation complete, restart
10. select USB to load OC
11. let beta 7update to restart the Ryzentosh :p
12. after restart, be sure to select your SSD (Monterey Disk) to boot and complete the update.

confirmed that smalltree is alive and kickin :)
now planning to update OC to latest 0.7.3 but i have eyes on those OC 0.7.4 looks tempting

Last edited:

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
im on iMacPro1,1 and OC 0.7.2 and this is what i did

1. USB:
1.1 MISC > secure boot model = j137
1.2 PlatformInfo > SystemProductName = iMacPro1,1
2. SSD (Monterey Disk):
2.1 MISC > secure boot model = Disabled
2.2 PlatformInfo > SystemProductName = iMacPro1,1
3. restart and select USB to load OC
4. choose your SSD (Monterey Disk) to boot on the OS
5. go to system preferences > software update. ----> beta 7 update will now showing
6. select it to update
7. while updating..... you need to prepare your USB
8. USB:
8.1 MISC > secure boot model = Disabled
8.2 PlatformInfo > SystemProductName = iMac17,1
9. when update preparation complete, restart
10. select USB to load OC
11. let beta 7update to restart the Ryzentosh :p
12. after restart, be sure to select your SSD (Monterey Disk) to boot and complete the update.

confirmed that smalltree is alive and kickin :)
now planning to update OC to latest 0.7.3 but i have eyes on those OC 0.7.4 looks tempting

Well... It doesn't work for me. At all. Update is showing. But when I install it, it never works.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well... It doesn't work for me. At all. Update is showing. But when I install it, it never works.
Use the latest commit of OpenCore 0.7.4 and set your SecureBootModel to j160, start the update and while it’s downloading go back into your EFIs Config.plist and change the SecureBootModel to x86legacy and save it then leave the system to finish the update on its own and all will be good.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.