[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

elixir

AMD OS X Member
I am using the exact same EFI located in my EFI partition on my nvme drive. Monterey and windows 11 boot fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on your big sur efi config, try to snapshot the big sur oc folder using propertree or other plist editor

savage001

AMD OS X Member
on your big sur efi config, try to snapshot the big sur oc folder using propertree or other plist editor

Big Sur and Monterey both use the same EFI. Monterey boots, Big Sur stuck at Apple logo. I’ll boot -v later and see what’s going on.

2c137b4a3d5a684b269d189f43d1d15a.jpg

Last edited:

elixir

AMD OS X Member
Big Sur and Monterey both use the same EFI. Monterey boots, Big Sur stuck at Apple logo. I’ll boot -v later and see what’s going on.

2c137b4a3d5a684b269d189f43d1d15a.jpg

try this patches in USB for Monterey and Big Sur, you should be able boot both OS, of course on your own risk.

Attachments

• big_sur_config.plist
    36.9 KB · Views: 17
  • monterey_config.plist
    36 KB · Views: 80

cupecups

AMD OS X Member
try this patches in USB for Monterey and Big Sur, you should be able boot both OS, of course on your own risk.

this monterey pacthed i dont see the core count

CoreCount = Your CPU Physical cores in Hex.
  • 6 Core = 06
  • 8 Core = 08
  • 12 Core = 0C
  • 16 Core = 10
  • 32 Core = 20

elixir

AMD OS X Member
this monterey pacthed i dont see the core count

CoreCount = Your CPU Physical cores in Hex.
  • 6 Core = 06
  • 8 Core = 08
  • 12 Core = 0C
  • 16 Core = 10
  • 32 Core = 20

sorry, edit: my system do not accept the above entry, i have XLNC ----- #2 error during boot.
what i did is copy paste the code from XLNC for me to able to boot Monterey and Big Sur ---> this is for savage001 to trial if he can boot same as mine :)

the purpose of the experiment using corecount is to trim down the patch entries,

please refer to this post on the patch with corecount: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/pre-release-macos-monterey.1841/post-11585

Last edited:

cupecups

AMD OS X Member
sorry, edit: my system do not accept the above entry, i have XLNC ----- #2 error during boot.
what i did is copy paste the code from XLNC for me to able to boot Monterey and Big Sur ---> this is for savage001 to trial if he can boot same as mine :)

the purpose of the experiment using corecount is to trim down the patch entries,

please refer to this post on the patch with corecount: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/pre-release-macos-monterey.1841/post-11585

yes, with your plist, work to boot on my fx machine, but got wrong cpu frequency 😅

elixir

AMD OS X Member
yes, with your plist, work to boot on my fx machine, but got wrong cpu frequency 😅

maybe in your bios settings for the CPU / mem frequency settings? it would be safe and check if AUTO can help :) ive heard also that overclocking may affect the frequency display

savage001

AMD OS X Member

Thanks I’ll give these a try tomorrow. Would be nice to boot both BS and Monterey until Monterey is released properly.

cupecups

AMD OS X Member
maybe in your bios settings for the CPU / mem frequency settings? it would be safe and check if AUTO can help :) ive heard also that overclocking may affect the frequency display
No, i don’t use other setting bios for processor and memory, your config still same result with my build before about montery prepatched error cpu frequency 😥

elixir

AMD OS X Member
No, i don’t use other setting bios for processor and memory, your config still same result with my build before about montery prepatched error cpu frequency 😥
have you updated your bios mobo with the latest version?

savage001

AMD OS X Member

What are the differences between these 2?

The one labeled Big Sur only booted Big Sur but the one labeled for Monterey booted Both BS and Monterey. Thank you.

Last edited:

elixir

AMD OS X Member
What are the differences between these 2?

The one labeled Big Sur only booted Big Sur but the one labeled for Monterey booted Both BS and Monterey. Thank you.

monterey: new patch + xlnc --#2 ---> this is to boot Monterey and Big Sur, select this as your primary boot in bios
Big Sur: Big Sur patch ---> this will be your backup just incase you cannot boot on Monterey, select this as secondary boot in bios.

can you confirm again that this is working for you?

thank you to all who made the patches available to us, cheers!

savage001

AMD OS X Member
monterey: beta1 patch + xlnc --#2 ---> this is to boot Monterey and Big Sur, select this as your primary boot in bios
Big Sur: Big Sur patch ---> this will be your backup just incase you face some problem on Monterey, select this as secondary boot in bios.

can you confirm again that this is working for you?

I can confirm the Monterey.plist is booting Big Sur and Monterey and I’ll have to assume Windows 11 as well. Monterey boots way faster than Big Sur.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
I can confirm the Monterey.plist is booting Big Sur and Monterey and I’ll have to assume Windows 11 as well. Monterey boots way faster than Big Sur.

im so glad to hear it works for you :)

I thank you all who made the hardwork on the AMD patches

savage001

AMD OS X Member
im so glad to hear it works for you :)

I thank you all who made the hardwork on the AMD patches

Yes very thankful to all that made it possible.

Can people please share screen shots of the energy saver window in Monterey on AMD. My options seem limited.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
Yes very thankful to all that made it possible.

Can people please share screen shots of the energy saver window in Monterey on AMD. My options seem limited.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
i can fix all that for you if you want?
Its off topic for this thread so just make a new thread concerning power saving features and tag me and il come and help. :)

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Any new about smalltree kext?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.