[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod
We are discussing in a friendly way I think
Different point of view
For me to have a working beta 1 or a not working beta 2 is not a problem at all
It is a problem that there is not a public method or discussion to follow to help in searching this holy grail šŸ˜‚ or only to learn how to.. now new missing patches and relative offset are not so difficult to find as it happens in the past and shanee proved this
so they will release when will be ready and they think is better
If you read old threads of five years ago in you will notice that many discover where done during users brain storming
Then discussion will become always more private..
I can understand also this way to do
But it is against my way to view hackintosh
Is it more clear my point of view now?
I hope sošŸ‘

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod
We are discussing in a friendly way I think
Different point of view
For me to have a working beta 1 or a not working beta 2 is not a problem at all
It is a problem that there is not a public method or discussion to follow to help in searching this holy grail šŸ˜‚ or only to learn how to.. now new missing patches and relative offset are not so difficult to find as it happens in the past and shanee proved this
so they will release when will be ready and they think is better
If you read old threads of five years ago in you will notice that many discover where done during users brain storming
Then discussion will become always more private..
I can understand also this way to do
But it is against my way to view hackintosh
Is it more clear my point of view now?
I hope sošŸ‘
Yes bud, I understood you the first time too and do indeed see your point of view. Its so close to Beta 2 now anyway that you wonā€™t have to wait much longer before the patches are in your hands.
Just for the record, I have no say or control on when the patches are released.
I was just trying to explain why they havenā€™t been released yet.

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you want to test Monterey today on AMD, you can running it with KVM/QEMU.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately as we suspected Monterey Beta 2 broke the patches. It broke possibly the biggest patch, the one that took the most work. Please bear with us while we work on this and fingers crossed the patches will be posted once it's working. Stay tuned :D

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member
It would still have been, or would be, nice to have a play with Beta 1 whilst we wait for the patches. It would also be handy to get the Beta 1 patches into our current OC config.plist and then just change the ones that need changing for Beta 2,3,4 etc.

It is what it is though and we will just have to wait a few days/weeks until they are finally released.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It would still have been, or would be, nice to have a play with Beta 1 whilst we wait for the patches. It would also be handy to get the Beta 1 patches into our current OC config.plist and then just change the ones that need changing for Beta 2,3,4 etc.

It is what it is though and we will just have to wait a few days/weeks until they are finally released.
Hi everybody. I don't understand why people cannot wait. It is still a beta version. Meaning even with "the official" hardware perhaps, is not perfect. Why people cannot wait. What you need to do with this beta ? You still have BigSur running smooth.
Give me a serious reason they cannot wait ???!!!
Do you pay these guys who are working on it ? if they have children, are you doing something for them ?
I ask the question, just to understand, because, i don't understand this hurry.
Can you do all by yourself ? Then i will appreciate you give me the release of this beta.
Personally i know i can't go further without these guys on this forum. I appreciate them really.
Give them a breath please.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Is restrict events kext working for others on beta 1? I have the kext and cpu type set in config but still shows up as an Intel i5 instead of my AMD R5 3600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Is restrict events kext working for others on beta 1? I have the kext and cpu type set in config but still shows up as an Intel i5 instead of my AMD R5 3600

All working for me over here.
Make sure all your kexts are totally upto date. (Mainly Lilu, WEG, RestrictEvents)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Note: Public beta also doesn't work. It's based on Dev beta 2.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
All working for me over here.
Make sure all your kexts are totally upto date. (Mainly Lilu, WEG, RestrictEvents)

Iā€™ll double check everything tonight and post back.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
i have AMD Ryzen 3600x but it did not showing properly the processor description even in Big Sur.
something i miss in config.plist?

SOLVED! i found this helpful thread ;)

View attachment 3503

Last edited:

DanMak89

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone updated to the latest OC release (0.7.1) and updated Kexts? Bluetooth Audio seems to be cutting in and out since updating to the beta. OC & Kexts update hasn't really resolved anything. I assume is USB related but only for that specific controller although I'm not sure what to look for.

Anyone else experienced similar?

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone updated to the latest OC release (0.7.1) and updated Kexts? Bluetooth Audio seems to be cutting in and out since updating to the beta. OC & Kexts update hasn't really resolved anything. I assume is USB related but only for that specific controller although I'm not sure what to look for.

Anyone else experienced similar?

You are using beta software btw

DanMak89

AMD OS X Member
You are using beta software btw

Of course, just curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member

PLEASE. It is always better to appear polite rather than rude.

You will just have to wait, like the rest of us, until the devs want to release the next version of the patches to support Beta 2.

In the mean time you can still use the Beta 1 patches, which are working.

The chances are that Beta 3 will probably need another round of patches so it is best to just use with the latest working patches to test your system. Remember that this is Beta software so nothing is guaranteed to work, especially on an AMD hack.

tony535

AMD OS X Member
I upgraded to OC 0.7.1 today no issues

elixir

AMD OS X Member

ProperTree Black window on macOS Monterey​

follow instruction from TechNolli ;)

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member

ProperTree Black window on macOS Monterey​

follow instruction from TechNolli ;)

PlistEdit Pro (or even Opencore Configurator) is a far better program to use, ProperTree can/will make unwanted changes to your config file if you use the CleanSnapshot feature, eg it will enable settings you have set to disabled so you then have to go back and disable them again.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.