[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
First boot of macOS Monterey on bare metal AMD. Don’t bug us for a release. We are testing and making improvements. Any questions of eta etc will just prolong the release. As always with beta versions no support will be given once patches are released.

Last edited:

savage001

AMD OS X Member
First boot of macOS Monterey on bare metal AMD. Don’t bug us for a release. We are testing and making improvements. Any questions of eta etc will just prolong the release. As always with beta versions no support will be given once patches are released.

Great news! Impatiently waiting for patches to be release for both OC and Clover.
Not asking for a release date, just asking where the patches will be released? Here or GitHub? Both? Just for OC or Cover as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member

Hopefully they will work on our Threadripper CPUs as well.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hopefully they will work on our Threadripper CPUs as well.

Should do yes. Patches haven't changed. Just the locations within the kernel that different really.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Should do yes. Patches haven't changed. Just the locations within the kernel that different really.

Any chance of getting my questions answered from post 23? I just want to know if I should stay with clover or go to OC.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Any chance of getting my questions answered from post 23? I just want to know if I should stay with clover or go to OC.

We’ll only release for OpenCore. iCanaro from InsanelyMac has already mentioned he’ll port them to Clover.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
We’ll only release for OpenCore. iCanaro from InsanelyMac has already mentioned he’ll port them to Clover.

Thanks, that’s great news both boot loaders will be supported. Now to wait for a release.

priya123

AMD OS X Member
Hi is there any specific date we can except the Montery patch ? Can't wait to try it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi is there any specific date we can except the Montery patch ? Can't wait to try it.
It might be after Beta2 releases depending on if it breaks the patches again.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks but please release it as all intel guys are enjoying this except amd ones.
Intel users don’t need any patches to make things work like we do and it’s always better to be safe and wait to make sure all is good then to rush it all out only for it to maybe break a few days later. Better safe then sorry my friend.

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
Intel users don’t need any patches to make things work like we do and it’s always better to be safe and wait to make sure all is good then to rush it all out only for it to maybe break a few days later. Better safe then sorry my friend.
Personally I don't agree with this way of thinking, but I respect the different points of view.
I can only tell you that from my point of view if I did it this way
probably with the trx40 platform we would still be waiting for the indications of morgonaut and we would not have a memory manager working perfectly in bare metal as we have today ...
just my two cents on this topic :)

savage001

AMD OS X Member
In my opinion the more people testing beta software allows for better support. What’s working now for the select few may not work for the masses and we won’t know until…..(insert undetermined time here)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Personally I don't agree with this way of thinking, but I respect the different points of view.
I can only tell you that from my point of view if I did it this way
probably with the trx40 platform we would still be waiting for the indications of morgonaut and we would not have a memory manager working perfectly in bare metal as we have today ...
just my two cents on this topic :)
In my opinion the more people testing beta software allows for better support. What’s working now for the select few may not work for the masses and we won’t know until…..(insert undetermined time here)

I think you're both looking at it totally in the wrong way, We are talking a matter of days before beta 2 arrives and all going well the green light goes up and the patches are released. Now if beta 2 messes up all the hard work that was done to get the patches going in the first place and the patches are out there then how much trouble is that going to cause for everybody compared to that small wait time of what’s been only a few weeks just for total peace of mind for everybody.
You know that way when the patches come they come good and working and ready to use.
Its a tiny price to pay for the good of the user. It’s not done to be mean or to feel special it’s done for everybody’s sake.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Was just my opinion but yes I can understand the other point of view too.
Let’s hope beta 2 drops soon.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Was just my opinion but yes I can understand the other point of view too.
Let’s hope beta 2 drops soon.

Yes of course and I totally respect that, I’m just explaining the situation as best I can. :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
tenor.gif

It's coming soon. Don't worry.

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod
The different point of view is understandable
it is not understandable that users are thought to be idiots
We are using a system that to start needs a bootloader of a memory manager and a series of patches that the devs of the bootloader we use have been defined in the past as junk or borked ...

I don't understand this from this precautionary point of view ... if the patches change ... pace..we'll still be here to try to find new ones ..

Then, to be honest, monterey doesn't even care that much in this first beta

I enjoy it in virtual and without problems, I am also trying to do something about the patches for bare metal with two other people of good will ...
however, having arrived on AMD quite late and with an unsupported system at the beginning. .it is more complex to reconstruct all the steps that led to the current evolution of the patches ...

but we are not very far and when will be .. if we ever succeed we will publish the method .. without constraints for anyone ...
We are adults and can we decide whether to proceed with a method or not?
and most importantly decide what's safe from what isn't in this game?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod
The different point of view is understandable
it is not understandable that users are thought to be idiots
We are using a system that to start needs a bootloader of a memory manager and a series of patches that the devs of the bootloader we use have been defined in the past as junk or borked ...

I don't understand this from this precautionary point of view ... if the patches change ... pace..we'll still be here to try to find new ones ..

Then, to be honest, monterey doesn't even care that much in this first beta

I enjoy it in virtual and without problems, I am also trying to do something about the patches for bare metal with two other people of good will ...
however, having arrived on AMD quite late and with an unsupported system at the beginning. .it is more complex to reconstruct all the steps that led to the current evolution of the patches ...

but we are not very far and when will be .. if we ever succeed we will publish the method .. without constraints for anyone ...
We are adults and can we decide whether to proceed with a method or not?
and most importantly decide what's safe from what isn't in this game?
Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m only trying to explain why they are not out in the wild and in no way are calling anybody an idiot or anything like that. If the patches come out right now and then beta2 comes tomorrow and it’s all broken again then it just won’t be nice for anybody. We are talkings days here not weeks or months.
I understand your point of view but at the same time you are taking it the wrong way when there really is no need too at all.
I know who you are and what you do for people don’t worry, I have nothing but respect for you buddy. :)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.