Potential issues with Mojave Security Update 2020-004

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just an FYI that I ran into difficulty with the recent Mojave security update 2020-004 with my stable AMD system running OC 0.5.7. I am overdue for a refresh on my OC, so I may take some time and prep for that and update my EFI appropriately and see if that helps.

The issue presented as what appears to be a normal boot after the update, only to pause for a very long time (for me more than 5 min) before the video card would come online at full resolution and show the login. Sometimes it would never get there and the system would seem to hang (I use verbose boot and the screens are blank). A reboot from my cloned backup drive was fine.

I did find an issue posted on Reddit that looked similar but with Clover/Intel.
As always, glad to have a full backup of my system to fall back on (and recover from).

This may end up being my excuse to move up to Catalina, I suppose...

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just as an update, refreshing OC to 0.5.9 and updating kexts, patches etc got me clear of this issue. Extra bonus is that my performance for my RX570 card seems to be improved slightly with the updates, so happy with that.

Cheers!

pm

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.