Post-installation Tweaking/final touches.

mjgha

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

I have to say my Ryzentosh is running great. Please see link at the end to my success story page with all the specs in details.

• CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x470i
  • Graphics: VGA Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+
  • Case: NZXT H200
  • Wifi-Bluetooth: Bcm94352z. (I was meant to order the Bcm94360NG but made a mistake on Ali express with selecting the correct type. Kext are very easy to help activate the card)
  • Installed: Big Sur 11.2.2 | Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: Opencore 0.6.6
I am trying to update my ACPI for my own build and add some corrections

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml - AMD EC controller updated as guide dortania.
SSDT-PLUG.aml - CPU power management, I do not know if this is necessary... please if someone could advise.
SSDT-RHUB - Fixing USB controller. This is working fine in combination with my USBmapping kext.
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml - SMbus fix. Seems it is not working correctly, also added a screenshot with the terminal command to check.

When I am using the prebuilt ssdt - SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP Ryzentosh is running fine. No crashing or freezing.
Now wanting to tweak with the above combination it seems to freeze and crash. I have added all the ACPI in the attached, as well as, DSDT dump plus some screenshots to show that I think I have built the ACPI correctly. There is also quite a time gab before the actual boot log starts...

Also, IRQ conflicts, How can I know if there are any? I added HPET for possible info here...

Anyway, I am just trying to reach those final touches to have everything working.

Attachments

• AMD SMbus.PNG
    AMD SMbus.PNG
    903.7 KB · Views: 9
  • CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    997.7 KB · Views: 7
  • EC.PNG
    EC.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • USB mapping.png
    USB mapping.png
    663.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ACPI mjgha.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
  • opencore-2021-03-16-165048.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.