Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
WebDrivers have been discontinued before the RTX cards launched. They only support cards up to Pascal (GTX 10**).

You can have the RTX in your system to use with another OS, but for MacOS you'd need a supported GPU and hide the RTX.

Amenda Forbes

AMD OS X Member
WebDrivers have been discontinued before the RTX cards launched. They only support cards up to Pascal (GTX 10**).

You can have the RTX in your system to use with another OS, but for MacOS you'd need a supported GPU and hide the RTX.

SO NO LUCK FOR ME :(

Amenda Forbes

AMD OS X Member
What if they release support in Big Sur.

psst.. I have no knowledge about ryzentosh so please bare with me.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There is none.

Apple has effectively blocked Nvidias drivers since Mojave, one of the reasons being Nvidia not wanting to share the source code of their drivers with Apple for validation. Also Nvidia sold Apple defective GPUs in 2008 and left Apple taking the hit. Since then no Mac has shipped with an Nvidia GPU anymore.
So you can expect new Nvidia drivers for Macs probably around the time Hell freezes over.

Amenda Forbes

AMD OS X Member
Well then can you suggest me a way if I want to dual boot windows with osx -- use the integrated graphics of ryzen 7 on mac and rt cores on windows

Best of both worlds 😀

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
First the 2700X does not have integrated graphics, second integrated graphics of other Ryzen CPUs is not supported by MacOS either.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You could do that, but no hardware passthrough for graphic acceleration.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
not with gpu acceleration

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.