PERFECT Catalina 10.15.4-Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX | GTX650TI | OC 0.5.8

Herr Nobiz

AMD OS X Member
This system got ALL WORKING, wifi, bluetooth, WORKING SLEEP, etc

Bios ver is the latest one H50 with agesa 1.0.0.5
I boot from my 2 NVME drives, one has Catalina 10.15.4 and Opencore 0.5.8 in it's EFI partition, the other NVMe with windows 10 and it's EFI
I have other 6 mechanical HDD drives configured in RAID0 (4x1tb Seagate+2x1tb Western Digital) that obviously osx cannot see because they don't use AHCI (less trouble for me and less errors on startup)
My gtx650ti is supported OOB so i dont' use whatevergreen kext
For Bluetooth 4.0 i use a small usb dongle with Cambridge silicon CSR8510 chip (branded ewent) connected on a usb2.0 port (natively supported)
Wifi is a pcie1x Tp-link t6e AC1300 with broadcom chipset so i need AirportBrcmFixup.kext to inject it
In bios settings i disabled all unused devices (com, lpt), enabled xhci handoff, CPU virtualization enabled (not IOMMU), KEEP DISABLED 4G DECODING and add npci=0x2000 (otherwise system/mouse lags)
A-XMP memory support enabled and setup on 2 to use 3600mhz memory
Smbios is imacpro1,1
Sleep work, shutdown work, i can even wake up the system from sleep with wake on lan, and my guess it's because i'm using usb2 devices in usb2 ports and usb3 devices in 3.0ports (solution found in another thread)
imessage and facetime don't interest me so i haven't tried them.
My usb map covers all the ports BUT the 2 on the usb3 asmedia controller on the back
I fixed my 2 NVMe icon showing as external drives with a SSDT
SBRG device with SSDT fix
Injected wifi and ehternet as "built-in" adding device-properties in OC
Opencore GUI is enabled with opencanopy.efi, initially i've tried audio support too but chime sound was crackling or repeated 2 times so i disabled it
Opencore keyboard configured for Italian
Opencore contains my bluetoothActiveControllerInfo property so you have to change it (i used hackintool to view my value) and MLB ROM values are DUMMY values so you have to generate YOUR OWN

Attachments

• EFI Herr Nobiz.ZIP
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:

jakesmjf

AMD OS X Member
Hi there! I have exactly the same Mobo and CPU - just have a RX480 which i think should be fine
Would you mind helping me get mine up and running?

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,
I come from the intel hackintosh world :
(Z77MX-D3H + i5 3570k OSX Catalina under clover, all is working perfectly),
I decided to take the plunge and go under AMD, I just bought an MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max + Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 460),
I followed a lot of tutorials to install Catalina but in vain, I can't create my installation USB key, I'm lost on Open Core, I hope you can help me make this first experience a success.
Regards

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
My Ryzentosh (MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max + Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 460) - OC 0.5.9 / OSX Catalina 10.15.15 finally runs like a charm, still some small adjustments to make.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.