Perfect build except 2 issues (networking/graphics)

bigmillz

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

Recently completely a build with the following:
Board: MSI X570 MEG Ace
CPU: 3950X
Graphics: MSI 5700XT (using WEG with the flag)
Running 10.15.4 and OC 0.5.7

Everything works super well, and I'm thrilled with it. The guides on here were a huge help, and I completed everything in about a weekend.

I am still having 3 issues though, and I can't seem to stomp them out:
  1. Activity Monitor and iStat Menus don't report the download speed of my gigabit Intel NIC (i211 Smalltree kext), however, they can see the per-app download speed. Upload speed displays just fine.
  2. The bigger issue - the cursor jumps/lags over any link or piece of text that causes the cursor icon to change. So links in a browser, text that triggers the I-beam cursor, things like that.
Any suggestions on what I could try, especially for #2?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried without WEG?

bigmillz

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried without WEG?

Thanks for your response...just gave it a shot and the issue still exists without WEG. I did notice that while it's happening, WindowServer CPU usage goes up to 50% or more.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try including this SSDT for the CPU.

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    939 bytes · Views: 7

bigmillz

AMD OS X Member
Try including this SSDT for the CPU.

I'll give it a shot. Do I want to use this in addition to my existing SSDT?

Edit: tried it both ways, no luck :/ Also tried disabling my Logitech mouse utility, that didn't make a difference either.

I have also noticed the cursor really slows down, and WindowServer CPU usage goes up (to 80% or so) when I use the command+shift+4 screenshot crosshair tool. Unsure if related, but seems similar.

Last edited:

cristiandalloca

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem with the mouse cursor, the problem happens when I start any application and when loading any process (loading).

OC 0.5.8

My config:
Ryzen 5 3600
AMD RADEON RX 580
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Monitor 1080p 60Hz

Last edited:

bigmillz

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem with the mouse cursor, the problem happens when I start any application and when loading any process (loading).

OC 0.5.8

My config:
Ryzen 5 3600
AMD RADEON HD 580
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Monitor 1080p 60Hz

Interesting to know it's not just Ryzen 7, 5700XT, X570, or 4k :LOL:

Are you running OC as well? I just upgraded to 0.5.8 but haven't noticed a change from that. What's your SMBIOS?

Any particular software you leave open most of the time?

cristiandalloca

AMD OS X Member
Interesting to know it's not just Ryzen 7, 5700XT, X570, or 4k :LOL:

Are you running OC as well? I just upgraded to 0.5.8 but haven't noticed a change from that. What's your SMBIOS?

Any particular software you leave open most of the time?
Hi @bigmillz!
So...

OC works well for me, I followed Dortania's tutorial.
The SMBIOS I'm using is iMacPro1,1.

I saw that the problem is even more noticeable when I increase and decrease the sound several times, using the mouse cursor on the top bar of the system, the delay and "jumps" of the cursor happen. It really is a problem.

Regarding the program: It happens to everyone ... There seems to be a problem related to the work of the CPU. Does Apple's operating system go crazy with Ryzen's multi thread?

Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

cristiandalloca

AMD OS X Member
Hello @bigmillz , I managed to alleviate the problem by disabling the COM port on my motherboard disabling the functionality "4G above ..." and adding the "npci=0x2000" parameter in the boot parameters (boot args).

It is not perfect, but it is better than before.

bigmillz

AMD OS X Member
Hello @bigmillz , I managed to alleviate the problem by disabling the COM port on my motherboard disabling the functionality "4G above ..." and adding the "npci=0x2000" parameter in the boot parameters (boot args).

I've been messing with that setting, but with it off (4g above) I get kernel panics and sound issues. :/

bigmillz

AMD OS X Member

I don't know what I did this time, but trying again didn't kernel panic, and sound works, and like you, it's better but not perfect. I can live with this for now! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.