damian adrian

AMD OS X Member
Hello , I have a Ryzen 3700k
Motherboard Msi B550 Tomahawk
32Gb RAM
radeon rx 580

I can't manage to install Osx Monterey, system restart after few minutes.Osx Big Sur work perfect.Did someone managed to install osx Monterey on this motherboard?

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Post a little bit more info.
Like openCore version, screenshot of the error (you should start it with boot argument -v) and bios settings.

Last edited:

damian adrian

AMD OS X Member
This is My EFI that works fine in Big Sur
OpenCore 0.7.5

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 11

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I downloaded your EFI and went through it. I made some modifications.
1. The kernel patch was not accurate
2. Added the boot-args "-v"
3. only kept OpenShell.efi in the tools folder

give it a try, hope it works

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 9

AMDx64ryzentozh

AMD OS X Member
Post a little bit more info.
Like openCore version, screenshot of the error (you should start it with boot argument -v) and bios settings.
Having the same issue trying to boot into Monterey installer with mine, but my build is a msi mpg x570 gaming pro carbon wifi, with a Ryzen 7 3800x, MSI RX 580 OC 4G and 32 GBs of DDR4 Corsair ram. And I’ve tried everything to install Monterey on my system, tried oc gen x, and other efi’s similar ones and even tried seeing from discord chat from amd OS X community and tried their solutions, but it doesn’t even boot into the installer, even with the right kexts and patches etc, been trying this for a week now and almost fill like giving up and sticking with Big Sur since it booted fine with this efi folder too which is weird, plus everything is set in my bios from, CSM off, XHCI handoff, fast boot, and etc basically defaulted it and disabled the recommended ones. I you could help me, I greatly appreciate it, I’ve spent so much time researching the issues it’s having and asking on discord to see if anyone on there knew, but one said -lilubetaall and that didn’t work and just don’t know what is happening with it. All the kexts and that are updated using oc gen x and from GitHub too just to see if doing that instead of hackintool etc wouldn’t work too.

Attachments

• F6DC78DC-DCDF-4F6E-B6AD-ECA8A10BDFDC.jpeg
    F6DC78DC-DCDF-4F6E-B6AD-ECA8A10BDFDC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • DCFEEED8-A5D2-4320-896B-0F4A0D0681EA.jpeg
    DCFEEED8-A5D2-4320-896B-0F4A0D0681EA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • 2B8E89F8-CDB2-480C-9996-A41A6F2AE469.jpeg
    2B8E89F8-CDB2-480C-9996-A41A6F2AE469.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

AMDx64ryzentozh

AMD OS X Member
Having the same issue trying to boot into Monterey installer with mine, but my build is a msi mpg x570 gaming pro carbon wifi, with a Ryzen 7 3800x, MSI RX 580 OC 4G and 32 GBs of DDR4 Corsair ram. And I’ve tried everything to install Monterey on my system, tried oc gen x, and other efi’s similar ones and even tried seeing from discord chat from amd OS X community and tried their solutions, but it doesn’t even boot into the installer, even with the right kexts and patches etc, been trying this for a week now and almost fill like giving up and sticking with Big Sur since it booted fine with this efi folder too which is weird, plus everything is set in my bios from, CSM off, XHCI handoff, fast boot, and etc basically defaulted it and disabled the recommended ones. I you could help me, I greatly appreciate it, I’ve spent so much time researching the issues it’s having and asking on discord to see if anyone on there knew, but one said -lilubetaall and that didn’t work and just don’t know what is happening with it. All the kexts and that are updated using oc gen x and from GitHub too just to see if doing that instead of hackintool etc wouldn’t work too.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 15

AMDx64ryzentozh

AMD OS X Member
Plus forgot to mention I have two m.2 in it, one for MacOS and one for windows as well as a SATA drive for windows to store games. Thought I’d mention that too

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Plus forgot to mention I have two m.2 in it, one for MacOS and one for windows as well as a SATA drive for windows to store games. Thought I’d mention that too
I don't think it has anything to do with two m.2 drives. I also have two m.2 drives, one for windows and the other for macOS.
I will download your EFI and have a look at it later. But as @Shaneee and some others also mentioned a few times, there are some issues with MSI boards in general.

AMDx64ryzentozh

AMD OS X Member
I don't think it has anything to do with two m.2 drives. I also have two m.2 drives, one for windows and the other for macOS.
I will download your EFI and have a look at it later. But as @Shaneee and some others also mentioned a few times, there are some issues with MSI boards in general.
ok thank you for the reply :)

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
ok thank you for the reply :)
I noticed a few things while looking through the EFI.
  • In the config.plist I noticed that you have not modified the kernel patch for your processor. I modified it now
  • You had used lilubetall=1, I removed it since it is not a beta (from what I understand)
  • Added OpenShell.efi to the Tools folder and also the config.plist

I am uploading it, please try now.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 13

AMDx64ryzentozh

AMD OS X Member

Ok it works on Monterey, I found out it’s the bios update I had 🤦🏽‍♂️ Downgraded to back all the way to what msi had on there site, if any has the same board, I’d recommend this too, cause I just noticed it booted now.

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
great to hear that it works (y)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.