Opencore Ryzen 9 5900x Freeze with 0.6.4 Fix ..I need help

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
Hello to everyone,

i made a opencore Installation and everything went fine with my Ryzen 7 5800x ..never had problems with it. So i selled my Ryzen 7 and buyed the Ryzen 9 5900x and the process was almost the same. No problems with the Installation. But in youtube all videos was to fast and no Audio. i tryed with the Fix from Shanee ..this works great and Audio was working. I was so happy about it than it gaves me freezes after 2 Minutes ...i tryed to put my 5900x to Default ( no Overclock ) 3.7 ..but i had the same issue. it freezes after freeze ...no chance. I don´t know why .. i need help ...Thanks to everyone ...here are my Component

Motherboard: Asus B550 Xe Strix
Cpu: Ryzen 9 5900x
Ram: Corsair Veangance Rgb Pro 64gb 3600mhz
GPU: Asus Rx 5700 XT Strix OC
SSD: 3x Samsung 860 Evo and pro 1tb=3TB
Nvme: Samsung 970Evo PLus 1tb
Cpu Cooler: Arctic Freezer ii 360
Wi-FI: Fenvi FV-T919
Psu: Corsair Rm 850x

Thanks for your Help

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
In your BIOS find the PCI settings and change it to Gen3. This tends to fix these random freezes.

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
In your BIOS find the PCI settings and change it to Gen3. This tends to fix these random freezes.
I tryed to change it to Gen 3 still freeze ...i tryed much more and also default settings in Bios ...nothing is working! With your Fix ...now is working my 5900x but this freezes are horrible! I don‘t know how to stop it! It is so frustrating

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I tryed to change it to Gen 3 still freeze ...i tryed much more and also default settings in Bios ...nothing is working! With your Fix ...now is working my 5900x but this freezes are horrible! I don‘t know how to stop it! It is so frustrating
Sometimes changing or playing around with the display settings in macOS can cause random freezing especially changing the colour profile using smbios 7.1 and iMacPro 1.1
Try going in to your display properties and resetting it to default and restart. If your using a personal colour profile then turn it off and stick that on default aswell.

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
that´s not the case. the installation was perfect than when iam at the desktop after 2 Minutes it freezes ...i tryed everything on the bios settings ..but still freezes! if i don´t use the patch from Shane it will not freeze but ..i don´t have audio and i can´t watch videos. maybe i need to change something in the config.list ...i don´t know

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
that´s not the case. the installation was perfect than when iam at the desktop after 2 Minutes it freezes ...i tryed everything on the bios settings ..but still freezes! if i don´t use the patch from Shane it will not freeze but ..i don´t have audio and i can´t watch videos. maybe i need to change something in the config.list ...i don´t know
Have you tried what I said to see anyway as your describing the same issue as I’ve seen many times before? I’m just throwing it out there as it takes two seconds to try.
what motherboard is it and what ACPI files are you using?

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
My Mainboard is Asus B550 Xe ...jes i did what u saied but it did not worked out ..anyway i set it to default all settings of Mac os. i use only 2 files in the Acpi ..SSDT-CPUR.aml and SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
My Mainboard is Asus B550 Xe ...jes i did what u saied but it did not worked out ..anyway i set it to default all settings of Mac os. i use only 2 files in the Acpi ..SSDT-CPUR.aml and SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
Hmmm,
Do you have the following set in the bios?
  • CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
You could also try Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled with the boot argument npci=0x2000 added to the config.plist but don’t use the boot argument with Above 4G Enabled.

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
jes i set that but there is still the same issue ...to disable the boot argument ..i should try that

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
jes i set that but there is still the same issue ...to disable the boot argument ..i should try that
Yes do so. You should never have the boot argument set with above 4g Enabled, It one or the other but never both.

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
i tryed ..no that´s not the problem. i don´t know what could be ...i will check my config list

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
Yes do so. You should never have the boot argument set with above 4g Enabled, It one or the other but never both.
No i saw in the Config plist ...everythink looks fine like it has to be ...i buyed a new cpu and can‘t use it! The 3000 series worked so well with my Board ...i had never a issue but with the 5000 series ...chaos!! Maybe is issue with opencore! I don‘t know ...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
No i saw in the Config plist ...everythink looks fine like it has to be ...i buyed a new cpu and can‘t use it! The 3000 series worked so well with my Board ...i had never a issue but with the 5000 series ...chaos!! Maybe is issue with opencore! I don‘t know ...
I run a 5900x and I used to run it with no problems like you have on a Asus B550-E but it had USB issues so I swapped over to a X570 Pro instead, again though apart from usb being messed up thanks to the bios bugs it worked just fine with no freezing etc etc.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Have you done the obvious stuff like updating your bios to the latest revision, clearing your NVRam and running a scan on your disk via disk repair and then Evan clearing your cache and rebuilding your permissions?

Also and most importantly, Have you checked your Ram is error free using with your new CPU using MemTestX86 Or whatever memory tool you like to use that works?

Last edited:

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
Have you done the obvious stuff like updating your bios to the latest revision, clearing your NVRam and running a scan on your disk via disk repair and then Evan clearing your cache and rebuilding your permissions?

Also and most importantly, Have you checked your Ram is error free using with your new CPU using MemTestX86 Or whatever memory tool you like to use that works

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member
I tryed to install opencore on other ssd ...but is the same. Can you give me your Efi? U are using B550e and 5900x ...like me! I am sure it‘s something with my Efi ...B550e is the same as b550xe just newer and a bit better Vram ...

Jayz-enrico

AMD OS X Member

Also and most importantly, Have you checked your Ram is error free using with your new CPU using MemTestX86 Or whatever memory tool you like to use that works?
The Bios 1802 is a Beta ...i realy would like to see if is gonna work out for me with your Efi Folder. Maybe i made a mistake in the Efi Folder but i can‘t figure ...what is the issue

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The Bios 1802 is a Beta ...i realy would like to see if is gonna work out for me with your Efi Folder. Maybe i made a mistake in the Efi Folder but i can‘t figure ...what is the issue
I stopped using the Asus B550 E over a month ago and moved over to a gigabyte X570 Pro instead.
I do have my EFI for the B550E still somewhere though. I will have a look for it and send it over to you. It’s a older revision of OC though, 064 I beleave. 👍
I have a thread for my X570 Pro with my EFI on it but it’s not correct for your board so don’t try it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Jayz-enrico Here you go, Its OC V064 so your need to update it to 065 if you want to but try it as is first and see how it works for you.
Don't forget to add your own serial number, UUID and MLB or it won't work as the fields are empty.
Good Luck.

Attachments

• OC 064 ASUS STRIX B550-E EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.