OpenCore in EFI partition

jackgal0

AMD OS X Member
Hi!
I have a perfectly working usb with OpenCore 0.5.8, from rich I copied the "EFI" folder in the "boot" partition. I pasted it in the EFI partition of my ssd, but my bios doesn't detect the boot loader! I also tried placing the boot file, then only the "OC" and "BOOT" folders, as well as the single "OC" folder. You get the idea....
Still, the BIOS can't boot OpenCore.
Thank you very much for your help!

FisionBoy

AMD OS X Member
The USB drive can boot? Just copy all the content of EFI folder of the USB to EFI folder of the SSD. It should be enought.

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
Assuming you copied the EFI of the USB to the EFI of SSD properly, and not just to the root of your SSD, then your boot order is screwed up and your BIOS is reading something else first. Make sure you unplug your USB and the SSD is selected as your primary boot device.

jackgal0

AMD OS X Member
The USB drive can boot. I opened the efi folder with mountEFI and copied the files from the USB to the EFI partition of the SSD. I tried to change the boot priority in the BIOS, but it's not the cause of the problem. In fact, it can't even recognise the SSD as a bootable option!

michigo

AMD OS X Member
Do you still have that issue?
You can try to use my EFI, we have most the same combo...
Can be the problem with bios setup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.