Opencore bootloader disappeared in BIOS after BIOS updating

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone, really need some help here.
I upgraded my bios today and then the opencore option is gone in my bios bootable list.
I installed catalina and windows on the same ssd. Before flashing the bios, everything is fine. I can boot into opencore and choose windows partition or MacOS partition without any problem.
I also tried my bootloader usb, it worked before, but now when I boot into the usb, there is nothing but just a " _ " flashing. Usually I can see the system pick options but nothing now.

Last edited:

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
Update:
I reinstall the opencore bootloader and restore the windows efi.
Now in bios, when I select windows boot loader, I can boot into windows without any issue. However, if I select opencore bootloader and select windows in the OS picker, I won't be able to launch windows. The error says ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had sort of similar problems. I managed to fix my Windows boot as well, but get the same ACPI_BIOS_ERROR when I select Windows from the opencore menu, even after manually editing the menu item. I now boot it straight from the bios, only a minor inconvenience.

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
I'm getting exactly the same: i had Catalina & Ubuntu co-existing happily via Opencore, then I installed Windows - the Trump of operating systems - on a new partition on the same SSD as Ubuntu. It reset the UEFI, wiped out the Ubuntu install, and tried to eat the EFI folder. Fortunately, I'd followed the Dortania advice and protected Opencore, but after reinstalling Ubuntu with its option to co-exist with Windows, I now have:
  • Opencore showing all drives, but refuses to boot anything but Catalina (giving me the ACOI_BIOS_ERROR on the Windows boot)
  • the Ubuntu/Windows SSD booting to Grub if picked in UEFI, from which I can boot either OS.

So I can boot everything, just not through the single OC loader. Any guidance about how to bring everything back together under the OC GUI?

thanks!

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
Update:
Problem solved. The OC ssdt conflicts with other os. So put a If (_OSI ("Darwin")) { Content } into all of your ssdts in ACPI folder.
In this way, those ssdt will only be injected with MacOS.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.