OpenCore 0.7 I keeps crashing with 2 minutes to go HS install - NVRAM issue?

Judemt

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I have a build using Asrock TRX40 Creator, 3970x, DDR4 RAM, 2TB Sabrent 4 NVMe SSD and Asus nVidia GeForce G710 1GB GDDR5,PCIe graphics card (metal compatible) as its a workstation build.

I have being trying to install using OpenCore 0.7 but I keeps crashing with 2 minutes to go, boots OpenCore fine and obviously installer starts - apparently this relates to NVRAM and I have tried to disable 4G coding but same problem + the trouble shooting steps suggested in the Dortamia guide under 'user sopace issues' relating to this. Done the sanity check on config.plist and checked kexts etc.. and all is in order.

Additionally I have used SSDTime to create custom .aml files. So I am stuck, I have tried High Sierra and Catalina with identical results.

If any experienced forum members read this any advice would be appreciated! thanks

PS My bios is also up-to-date.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Post your EFI and one of us will look at it for you when we can. :)

Judemt

AMD OS X Member
Post your EFI and one of us will look at it for you when we can. :)
OK, thanks attached here. I have also asked for help on macOS86, there are many TRX4 users there, apparently the EFI from Dortania opencore is not ideal for this architecture?

I have tried a different EFI profile posted there specifically for the Asrock TRX40 Creator with the same result - freezes with 2 minutes remaining on the initial install of macOSX installer onto the target HD.

The advice was to edit my MIMIO whitelist but all my entries in the opencore log are 'skip 0' - clearly not normal. According to the Dortania guide this relates to NVRAM issues.

One thing I noticed is that if I reset my CMOS internal installer USB becomes a boot option in BIOS as does the internal NVME - currently neither are being detected in the BIOS as a boot volume.

thanks J

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 1

Judemt

AMD OS X Member
Just an update, I managed to install Catalina, USB ports, BT and ethernet seem functional. I just wanted to know if any of the other Asrock TRX40 Creator users read this post which additional step they used to get AirportItlwm.kext to work? I am going to try the Kernel Force method as the 'Enable Apple Secure Boot' option appeared to cause problems. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.