Opencore 0.6.2 success with Big Sur but it always boots with black screen

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, my Opencore 0.6.2 Big Sur beta 10 boots all the time but its always starts with black screen.

I know it because when I press the keyboard, there are sound made for typing (even VoiceOver works CMD+F5, see video below)

When I start frustrating and spam typing, the screen glitches and woolaa the screen shows up. But sometimes it can be really hard to "trigger the glitches" and will continue to stuck at black screen or blank screen after boot. (It happens on every boot TT)
Video :

Solution
FINALLY!!! I able to solve this issue.... (almost took me three weeks time ><)

just one damn thing in the BIOS settings

Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port = Disabled <-- This wasn't needed for Catalina though ==

Thanks for all the replies guys. Love ya <3

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
@walaoehh I saw your messages.

Have you reinstalled with beta 11.0.1? That's the one that worked for me, I could not get beta 10 to install at all.

If you like you can post your config.plist here and I'll compare it to mine. EDIT: nvm I saw your link, gonna take a look!

EDIT: I made some changes; please download this version of your EFI folder and retry, but get the latest BS beta first, 11.0.1!
I added my EC fix to ACPI/, also added the MCEDisabler kext to KEXTS/ and checked your config file. Made some corrections based on my own config. Also, I updated your Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC kexts; they were older than mine.

Attachments

• EFI_Corrected.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member

Have you reinstalled with beta 11.0.1? That's the one that worked for me, I could not get beta 10 to install at all.

If you like you can post your config.plist here and I'll compare it to mine. EDIT: nvm I saw your link, gonna take a look!

EDIT: I made some changes; please download this version of your EFI folder and retry, but get the latest BS beta first, 11.0.1!
I added my EC fix to ACPI/, also added the MCEDisabler kext to KEXTS/ and checked your config file. Made some corrections based on my own config. Also, I updated your Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC kexts; they were older than mine.
Thanks.... will give it a try... btw how u get a clean dmg of beta 11.0.1

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member

tried but no lucks... same thing happen...

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
Thanks.... will give it a try... btw how u get a clean dmg of beta 11.0.1
I got it by manually searching for updates from the System Preferences. It first offered me 11.0, then cancelled the download after 90%, then offered 11.0.1 and downloaded that.

If you still have the issue then I suppose it must be a BIOS problem. I have an X570 board, unlike you. So maybe your BIOS is different from mine and that produces the problem?

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member
I got it by manually searching for updates from the System Preferences. It first offered me 11.0, then cancelled the download after 90%, then offered 11.0.1 and downloaded that.

If you still have the issue then I suppose it must be a BIOS problem. I have an X570 board, unlike you. So maybe your BIOS is different from mine and that produces the problem?
I suspect BIOS issue too.. but I saw another guy with the same motherboard success... maybe I should try to update my BIOS. Thankss

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member

Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port = Disabled <-- This wasn't needed for Catalina though ==

Solution

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
MVP for dropping your solution for any future reference (y)

marcotini32

AMD OS X Member

Ok you save my day. Thank you so much!

jmponce

AMD OS X Member

thanks you , it's works

haffjjj

AMD OS X Member

OMG dudee, it's work..
thank you so muchh.. <3

RyanChang

AMD OS X Member

Oh My God! Thanks you , it's works. You save my day.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.