Odd quirk - PS2 keyboard disabled on restarts

sos86

AMD OS X Member
I've got an odd quirk I'm struggling to track down / work out.

In brief, when I restart my Hack after it's been running MacOS, the PS2 keyboard doesn't respond, even from the BIOS screen. It starts working again once macOS is booted to the login screen. If I switch the power supply off, wait 10 seconds, then reboot, the PS2 keyboard does work at boot up again.

I suspect this is an NVRAM writing problem - is there some setting I can tweak e.g. under NVRAM?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I've got an odd quirk I'm struggling to track down / work out.

In brief, when I restart my Hack after it's been running MacOS, the PS2 keyboard doesn't respond, even from the BIOS screen. It starts working again once macOS is booted to the login screen. If I switch the power supply off, wait 10 seconds, then reboot, the PS2 keyboard does work at boot up again.

I suspect this is an NVRAM writing problem - is there some setting I can tweak e.g. under NVRAM?
Hi there,

Yes sure. Under OC you could try enabling KeySupport under UEFI > Input and see if that helps. If not, Ps2KeyboardDxe.efi could also help.

sos86

AMD OS X Member
Yes sure....
Thanks - tried both of those, no dice. Have worked around using a PS2 to USB adapter (only disadvantage is I can't then use PS2 keyboard to power on the system, but that's no biggie).

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.