OC Boot menu resolution

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Good day.
I am using my Hackintosh without any problems for the past couple of months.
Updated it to Big Sur with OC 0.70 thanks to @AudioGod.

Basic Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS PRO-WS X570 ACE
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: 32GB
Graphics: RX580

I have two drives, one has Big Sur 11.4 and the other presently has Fedora 34

After I tried installing Ubuntu on the second drive, OC would not boot to Ubuntu (now Fedora). Big Sur boots fine.
So I had to change the boot sequence from the BIOS to change the boot OS. I also tried my hand at visualisation by switching it on in the BIOS.
After this my boot menu icons on OC are distorted. I tried finding information but not of the fixes worked, chiefly because my EFI and config.plist already are configured the right way.
If anybody has any experience, please do let me know.

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
Hi Hackingway,
I have same motherboard as yours. My current os is Ubuntu 21.04.
Would you mind to share your EFI files?
Hi alexycc,

Here you go. I got this file from @AudioGod and it worked for me. You have to go into config.plist and update your platform information. Please also refer to AudioGod's instructions about motherboard settings.

One more thing I have noticed off late is that the sleep wake is sometimes not perfect (takes many taps on my keyboard) and at times the computer can become a bit sluggish after wake.

Hope it works for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.