OC 0.5.9. Catalina 10.15.5 Asus Strix X470-I Ryzen 3700x RX 5700 XT ASUS

z00ba

AMD OS X Member
Configuration:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • MB: Asus Strix X470-I
  • GPU: Asus RX-5700XT-8GB ref
  • RAM: 2x16 GB
  • SSD: 2x512GB PCIx4 SSD ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro (MacOS/Windows)
Working:
  • Ethernet: Onboard LAN Intel® I211-AT
  • WIFI/BT: Fenvi M2 Card BCM94360NG
  • Sleep: but there is one feature, after the computer woke up, you need to push on the keyboard or mouse again so that the screen lights up
  • USB: working USB2.0 webcam, USB2.0 flash drive, USB Hub of DELL monitor, USB3.0 Hard Drive
  • CPU PM: working, but after wake up effective frequency fixed at maximum
  • Apple Services With AppleID
  • DRM services (AppleMusic, Netflix)

NotTested:
  • Sound (using only bluetooth headphones - it works fine, but I see a sound card in the settings of Realtek ALC S1220A)
  • FileVault

Model: iMacPro1,1

Kexts:
  • Lilu.kext 1.4.5
  • VirtualSMC.kext 1.1.4
  • WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.0
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext 1.3.0
  • AppleALC.kext 1.5.0
  • NVMeFix.kext 1.0.2
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext 0.6.3
  • SMCAMDProcessor.kext 0.6.3
  • USBPort.kext (created with Hackingtool 3.4.0)
ACPI:

Builded with SSDTime:
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
Note:
  • Sleep don`t work with last 0.6.4 AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext, but work fine with 0.6.3. And there is one feature, after the computer woke up, you need to push on the keyboard or mouse again so that the screen lights up :); fixed with boot arg darkwake=0
  • Second SSD with windows shown as external device; fixed with DeviceProperties at config.plist

Thanks for useful guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/ !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

mjgha

AMD OS X Member
External Driver can be fixed by adding the PCIRoot of the hard drive in your device properties Config.plist.

Got the same Mobo. Why use HPET? What does it do?

z00ba

AMD OS X Member
Got the same Mobo. Why use HPET? What does it do?

I just used the guide: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html

SSDTTime:
  • 1. FixHPET - Patch out IRQ Conflicts IRQ patching, mainly needed for X79, X99 and laptop users (use option C to omit conflicting legacy IRQs) : SSDT-HPET.aml with plist patches. I am not sure if this is necessary. :)

• 2. FakeEC - OS-aware Fake EC This is the SSDT-EC, required for Catalina users - SSDT-EC.aml
External Driver can be fixed by adding the PCIRoot of the hard drive in your device properties Config.plist.

Thanks, I'll check it later.

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
Could you share your USBPort.kext? I have Asus Rog Strix x570-i and if I can get the USB port corrected, sleep/wake may work. Thanks...

z00ba

AMD OS X Member
Could you share your USBPort.kext? I have Asus Rog Strix x570-i and if I can get the USB port corrected, sleep/wake may work. Thanks...
see the EFI attached to the post, but we have different chipsets, not sure if this will help you.

I used guides:

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
Thanks
see the EFI attached to the post, but we have different chipsets, not sure if this will help you.

I used guides:

Thanks. It was helpful. I see that you have 2 controllers and in X570-I, I have 3. I was wondering whether to map USB 2 ports, and you have actually mapped them and able to get sleep to work. So, I will try that.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.