NVME Drive Monterey

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
I have ironed out my big sur installation and was going to try to upgrade to monterey. I get to the installer and disk utility doesn't see my nvme drive, only my ssd that i use for storage. I have nvmefix installed. I cant really find any info on a fix. Any ideas?

Leborgne23

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I guess you own an MSI mainboard do you ? known issue that had me regretfully buy another brand. I kept my X570 Gaming plus around because it worked flawlessly with big sur (sleep for instance) and we can be hopefull on three fronts :

• a 12.1 or 12.x version of Monterey that might (not intentionally) fix the issue.
  • a bios update from MSI that might (not intentionally) fix the issue.
  • a new version of Opencore that might (on purpose) fix the issue.
Regards

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Yes I have an MSI MB. After digging through searches I have found a few people having the same complaint. Do you happen to know if there is anyone looking into this? I dont think I want to replace my motherboard over this, I will just stick with big sur. I got a dell g7 laptop and another pc build running monterey anyways lolz.

p2mmao

AMD OS X Member
use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced in win10 to restore the Monterey 12.1beta3 mini image to the volumn of your SSD you want to install Monterey, I will update the link soon

The Monterey 12.1beta3 mini image link: * Removed due to unsupported installation method *
dowbload all three files to a local folder named Job-202111292033756_2021-11-29_20-35-23, use use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced to restore

The EFI link: https://mega.nz/file/aZU2DDbR#QcUVljqXIxXcnv1nDPQSaVE0ls-0IIewTulbKFcjYzU

Last edited by a moderator:

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I was hoping to install the non beta release of Monterey on my nvme drive. I was thinking of trying to install it to my storage ssd first then use my cloning software to clone it to my nvme and see if that works. It is time consuming to try it this way in case things go south.

Leborgne23

AMD OS X Member
use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced in win10 to restore the Monterey 12.1beta3 mini image to the volumn of your SSD you want to install Monterey, I will update the link soon

The Monterey 12.1beta3 mini image link: * Removed due to unsupported installation method *
dowbload all three files to a local folder named Job-202111292033756_2021-11-29_20-35-23, use use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced to restore

The EFI link: https://mega.nz/file/aZU2DDbR#QcUVljqXIxXcnv1nDPQSaVE0ls-0IIewTulbKFcjYzU
Thanks ! the link has been removed though. Are you stuck with beta 3 or can u install the final version ?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.