Nvidia gt710

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Hello !!!!
Is Nvidia GT710 supported in Monterrey? I've updated to 0.7.4 but in system preference can not see it.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Support has been dropped in Monterey as of Beta 8

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

pampas

AMD OS X Member
You're right @AudioGod !!! Everything works as before.

Thanks

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Drawback is that it you have to break the seal on the root volume and have to redo that after every patch.

Also, as the patcher just restores the kexts from Beta 7, there is no guarantee Apple won't break the API and cause the kext to panic in some future patch.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Drawback is that it you have to break the seal on the root volume and have to redo that after every patch.

Also, as the patcher just restores the kexts from Beta 7, there is no guarantee Apple won't break the API and cause the kext to panic in some future patch.
I´m sorry but I don´t understand what you're saying. Can you explain it for dummies?
thanks

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Since Big Sur the OS root volume is sealed and boots from a snapshot for security reasons. To install the Kepler driver kexts into the OS you have to disable that security feature.

The thing is, the MacOS Installer will revert that each time a new update is installed. So every time there is a security update you have to break the seal and re-install those drivers again. And since Apple does not maintain them anymore, any future update of MacOS can render them useless and may even crash trying to load them.

It's a short term workaround, but if you want to use MacOS Monterey in the long run you should look out for a GPU replacement.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Ok!! Understood....

Thanks a lot for the advise.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.