Noob question! R5-3500X+GTX1050 High sierra

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
I don't think the order matters anymore. Also it's a kext not a kernel :p
Hello, because High Sierra supported too less apps, so I bought a Power Color RX 460 2G and tried to install Big Sur. Sadly, Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] kept happening to my computer. I tried to fix it following the troubleshooting guide separately (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start). But there was no any way(Booter, Kernel Patch and UEFI issue) helped me. And I cannot realize what setting made me fail because I had succeeded on installing High Sierra with the same setting( Bios, Booter, Kernel Patch and UEFI setting) . If you were available, might you help me fix the problem? Thank you so much for your reading! And this is my own EFI folder.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Glad I could help.

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
I don't think the order matters anymore. Also it's a kext not a kernel :p
Sorry, could I bother you one more time? I have used my hackintosh well. However, the airdrop didn't work, even I had successfully drive WIFI and BT with the correct kexts( and I also tried other kexts of the older version). The shown inside the photo is my Ipad, but the other devices could't be detected. And when I click my Ipad, I cannot airdrop anything to my Ipad ,too. My WIFI card is AC3168 (intel).

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You'll need AirportItlwm.kext for working AirDrop from what I can tell.

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
You'll need for AirportItlwm.kext working AirDrop from what I can tell.
Yes, I have tried many versions of AirportItlwm.kexts these few days. However no one seems to help. Is there anything I go wrong? And really thanks again!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you add it to the config correctly? How isn’t it working? Does it panic?

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
Did you add it to the config correctly? How isn’t it working? Does it panic?
Yes, I added it to config correctly and my WIFI and bluetooth functioned well. But just airdrop functioned badly. When I click someone for airdrop, nothing just happened, no panic, no freeze,no restart, no shut down, just like I had not clicked any botton and nothing was functioning.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you use the correct kext for the version of macOS you've got?

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
Did you use the correct kext for the version of macOS you've got?

Yes, I get the Big Sur one. But just nothing happened sadly.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Attachments

• Sample.plist
    834 bytes · Views: 5

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
Apparently it's necessary to force load the IO80211Family kext, https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/659#issuecomment-896535684

Attached is how to force it to load with OC.
Thank you for your reply! But sadly it failed. I have tried IO80211Family kext and IO80211FamilyV2 kext, and I had set my secure boot to default (or Mac pro 7.1). The airdrop just didn't work. But I saw other articles say AC 3168 is compatible for airdrop using AirportItlwm.kext, I am not sure where I get wrong.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Never had any dealings with Intel WiFi/BT. You could open a ticket on the Itlwm GitHub.

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Never had any dealings with Intel WiFi/BT. You could open a ticket on the Itlwm GitHub.
Still thank you for all you have done! I will tried it when being free. THANKS!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.