No sound output :/

Tyoma

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey all, so after reinstalling Monterey, I can't get my sound work :/ (Had no problems before)..
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 10.02.20.png

Any suggestions? :/

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Set your layout-id as 07000000. If 7 doesn't work try others.

Last edited:

Tyoma

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Set your layout-id as 07000000. If 7 doesn't work try others.
Already tried every id possible... before I did fresh install of WIN11 & Monterey, I was on layout 7 without any problems..
(Reinstalled Realtek drivers on win and was able to see my headphones&mic) but still no 3.5 rear speakers.. :/

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 13.47.58.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Out of curiosity try with 15000000. That's what I use on my ASUS board with the same controller. Also check you've not got alcid=x set in the boot args as they'll conflict.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Boot Argument will take precedence over the DeviceProperties entry, if you have both enabled.

Tyoma

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Out of curiosity try with 15000000. That's what I use on my ASUS board with the same controller. Also check you've not got alcid=x set in the boot args as they'll conflict.
I'm starting to give up.. everything was working fine before I reinstalled osx...
I tried to insert my old rx 570 , to use a monitor that I had before upgrade... also tried without usb headphone..
tried every possible id, nothing works :/
acording to Dortania, this shouldn't look this way :
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 15.16.46.png

No ideas left 🤷‍♂️

Here is my config.. maybe I missing something

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6 KB · Views: 4

Tyoma

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I almost gave up on this, but then I saw an old efi backup folder that I made a couple of months ago.. So I decided to try something:
I used Applealc 1.6.6 instead of the last one anddd Everything works now! :)

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 17.36.45.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are you still using the SSDT-PLUG.aml table in your old /EFI/OC/ACPI folder.

This table is not meant to be used with an AMD CPU. It is only meant for use with Intel CPU's. It should be removed from your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder and the config.plist if present in your old setup.

Tyoma

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Are you still using the SSDT-PLUG.aml table in your old /EFI/OC/ACPI folder.

This table is not meant to be used with an AMD CPU. It is only meant for use with Intel CPU's. It should be removed from your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder and the config.plist if present in your old setup.
Yes, i was using it for AGPMinjector for my RX570...
Thanks for mentioning this! I'll delete it (just upgraded to RX6600XT)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.