No internet Access, despite being connected

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
This is weird. I now have no Internet access, yet I can open Terminal up and ping the Router, as well as external ip addresses. However, Chrome and Safari don't work, and neither does mail or spotify. I have been looking and tried resetting NVRAm. It says I am connected with 5 Green bars.
The other thing I have noticed is that I no longer seem to have a brief display showing the screen, showing to press F2 to enter the Bios, and nor do I see the Boot manager with all the options?
I have no problems in the Windows side accessing the Internet (which is what I am using to type this.

Only recent change I have made is I changed the BT adapter, as I was having issues, but I have put the old one back in.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Try resetting the network interfaces by entering the following two commands in terminal:

Code:
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Also, try clearing the DNS Cache with

Code:
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Then reboot.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I figured it out. I plugged an Ethernet cable in, still no action. Did I download a dodgy program?
hmmmm Nord VPN was the problem. Soon as I uninstalled, everything started working again.
Also, still nothing showing on boot-up. Fortunately I just keep pressing 1 to enter Windows on startup. I don't even see the gibberish when MAcOS boots up. :LOL:
Now to fix Bluetooth.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.