Solved No idea whats wrong with my efi, Ryzen 3 3100 with a gtx 1060 3gb

CATXVII

AMD OS X Member
Soooo I've been at it for a couple of days and dont know whats wrong with my EFI. I get kernel panic after a minute or so every time. I'm betting on the gpu. Any support would be helpful. Thanks!

EDIT: forgot to say i added the panic and opencore logs

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    4.4 MB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I have attached a revised EFI folder, see if this works.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 30

CATXVII

AMD OS X Member
Well, it did try to install and i dont think i got kernel panicked out, only took 3 mins which i found wierd to install, it will not see the install though. Probably my fault somehow. Will post if i find anything else

Edit: Formated whole drive as hfs and it worked fine, probably some leftover shenanigans from when i opened up the efi partition in windows!

Edit2: Install finished, mac os does not appear on opencore screen anymore

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Was the installation drive formatted as an APFS drive or did you retain the HFS+ drive formatting after macOS High Sierra was installed?

If you press the Spacebar, while on the OC boot screen, do a few other icons appear? If yes do the following:
  • Select the ClearNvram.efi icon and then
  • Select the ResetSystem.efi icon.
Your system should reboot, with any old Nvram settings removed.
It should now use the Nvram settings in the config.plist from your EFI.
You may need to enter the bios boot menu or full bios to make sure the system boots from your USB installation drive, if that is where the EFI folder is located. Assuming you didn't get around to copying the EFI folder from the USB to the EFI partition on your macOS High Sierra drive.

CATXVII

AMD OS X Member
So for updates and a finisher on this post, yes the EFI works, but for me too boot I had to add ApfsDriverLoader driver, also ncpi=0x2000 seems redundant and unadvised by guide, didnt create any problems though. Will make a "post install" post since audio is probably shot, theres probably no way of me getting bluetooth working and i'd at least like to have a nonvalid serial on my icloud, preferably a true mac serial with no validation date.

Big thanks to Edhawk for helping me and I hope this helps other people!!!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.