New to Hackintosh, where to start? (I miss Logic Pro x)

Duet

AMD OS X Member
Hello! Thank you all who’s contributing to this great forum and concept.

I really wanna install osx on my pc because I really miss Logic Pro x. I don’t know much because I just found out about this yesterday but I’m open to learn. Will use opencore. Are there any point to point installation guides out there? Anything I should consider / think of before doing this?

The most important things that has to work are audio drivers, Ethernet (so I can download all of my plugins for logic) and Logic Pro x. it’s not as important with iMessage, icloud and stuff like that. This computer is mainly for music production.

I’ve read a couple of success stories with the ryzen 3900x so no problems there right? And the Asus rog strix b450-f gaming should be fine too right? How about the Samsung 970 EVO plus though? And most importantly the powercolor Radeon rx 550 red dragon 4gb (haven’t found any information about installing osx with this gpu)?

Is it a must to have 2 hard drives for this to work(One for windows and one for osx)? I’m thinking of buying a Kingston m.2 a2000 500gb and install osx on the Samsung because it’s the fastest.
Am I on the right path here?
Thanks in advance.image.jpg

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes, use two drives because chances are Windows will mess up OpenCore boot at some point. (Not related to OpenCore per se, many people who dual boot with Linux run into problems). Will save you some grief down the line.

What I understand from people running Logic on Hackintoshes that some plugins like Waves either don't work or work unreliably. I have a Windows system in my studio, so I'm not using my Hackintosh for audio production, but it's good to look into that. I'm guessing native plugins will not be a problem at all.

Good luck!

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Check out TechTunerLife on Youtube. That is where I started. Click on the link for his latest video. Make sure you use the same version of Opencore (I didn't) to make it easier. I used one of his earlier videos for OC 0.5.6 and I used 0.6.0. Also refer to Dortania on Github as well, and remember the opencore sanity checker is your friend.
I'm using a Ryzen 7 with 16GB, nothing flash but far better than my iMac. Yes I use it for Logic Pro X, and Windows for everything else (Windows is a more LOGICal, easier OS IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.