New here, here goes:

azvet1985

AMD OS X Member
So my build for my AMD desktop is as follows: EVGA650W PS, Ryzen 5 3600 (w/ stock wraith cooler), ASUS B450 Prime MB, Corsair Vengeance 8GB Ram x2, 480GB WD SSD, and another SSD for system a bit older but still pretty decent, last, I know it will cause problems with OS X but my GPU is a EVGA GTX 1600 but I have a RX590 Fatboy from XFX. (The case is some cheap thing from Rosewill but works great). Any thoughts about where to start? I'll throw this out there to the group but I would never recommend the XFX brand for anything, learned my lesson. I was getting better performance out of a GTX970 than the RX590 hence me switching to a GTX1600

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The Nvidia card is an issue. If you mean a 1660 then it's not supported on any macOS version. The RX590 on the other hand is.

azvet1985

AMD OS X Member
The Nvidia card is an issue. If you mean a 1660 then it's not supported on any macOS version. The RX590 on the other hand is.

you are right GTX1660, late night brain got me. I imagine I can leave both cards in though depending on how I boot.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes you can disable the Nvidia card for macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.