New Catalina install takes 15 minutes to boot.

SurroundingKatana

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, I've been asking around in the discord chat however I haven't been able to get anyone to help me yet with this new issue.

I decided to make the switch from a distro to vanilla recently after doing a Powermac G5 conversion to ATX hardware, and i'm going to be honest, i've been having issues at basically every step but have been able to get past them on my own (Until now).

While booting from USB, the boot process seems to get stuck on "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockstate 3" for about 15 minutes, until which it gets to the Apple loading screen and boots up just fine. I know that this is a graphics related issue, however the troubleshooting portion of the guide (Side note, CSM will NOT stay off, instead it errors at boot and turns back on) nor extensive googling have gotten me to a solution, and without one this project might be dead for me.

Any help is SUPER appreciated! I can upload any files from my bootstick if needed.

Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
Storage: 120 GB PNY SSD (CS900)
RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR3 (Dual Channel)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.