New Build 3900x, Asrock Taichi X570 - Openruntime.efi fail

RJEvans83

Aug 1, 2020
Hi guys.

I am Ryan and I am new here and new to Hackintosh - so basically worst nightmare of all you Pro’s, sorry!!!

I just built a system, which has the Asrock X570, the Ryzen 3900X, 64gb Corsair Vengence DDR4 4000 and a basic AMD Radeon GPU.

As all my other devices are Apple / Macs, I am finding windows is just a nightmare in efficiency (well the way I do things!)

In an attempt to overcome this, I felt Hackintosh would be the way forward, but after spending days trying different methods on YouTube, I’m still running into errors - the latest is this screenshot attached:

F6E6CE4C-3FEC-4942-B102-8D7803530671.jpeg
Can anyone help me with this? I have searched forums and github, with my only finding being that openruntime replaces Funtime and all efi’s must be from the same source, which they are.

If anyone has a link for an upto date guide which works for the X570 Taichi with the 3900x I will happily try it :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Luke240

Jun 30, 2020
This was a thread in the old guides - don't know if it works with the newest bios.
I'm troubleshooting mine now. But the EFI folder linked in the other forum was a great place to start.

RJEvans83

Aug 1, 2020
Thanks guys. Up and running now. But found out since there are kexts for my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth available. Also now struggling with getting it to boot without the usb drive. I have been using mountEFI but I don’t really understand what I’m doing wrong as it’s not working.

Attachments

RJEvans83

Aug 1, 2020
This was a thread in the old guides - don't know if it works with the newest bios.
I'm troubleshooting mine now. But the EFI folder linked in the other forum was a great place to start.
do you have the Taichi X570 too? If so I have all the kexts and have it running like a dream now, every single feature working, except being able to boot from the NVMe drive, having to use a USB dongle to load up still.

ardweebno

Aug 14, 2020
do you have the Taichi X570 too? If so I have all the kexts and have it running like a dream now, every single feature working, except being able to boot from the NVMe drive, having to use a USB dongle to load up still.
I am having no problems booting from my NVMe drive. How did you go about copying your USB drive EFI partition to your NVMe drive EFI partition?